- Author: lettara
- Date: September 22, 2023
- Updated: September 22, 2023
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
In a surprising and eagerly awaited move, Blizzard just added Ulduar 25 man hardmode trinkets, rings, necks and cloaks to the Defiler’s Scourgestone vendor on the PTR.
For those unfamiliar with Defiler’s Scourgestones, it is the new currency that drops in Heroic+++ Dungeons, similar to Sidereal Essences in Heroic++ Dungeons. A Defiler’s Scourgestone drops from each Heroic+++ encounter (unlike Sidereal Essences that only dropped once per dungeon). This will make it easier than ever to obtain powerful gear outside of the soon to be primary raid, Icecrown Citadel.
There has never been a better time to come back to the game or gear up those alts you’ve been neglecting!
Full List of Defiler’s Scourgestone Items
In addition to this change there are a bunch of bug fixes and small balance changes coming to RDF and Heroic+++ Dungeons which you can view in the fulll article below.
Titan Rune Dungeons – Defense Protocol Gamma Adjustments
We’ve added achievements for each defense protocol gamma dungeon, including a meta achievement for completing all of them. As a special thank you from the WoW Classic Development Team, we’ve also added a special reward for this meta achievement that is new to Wrath of the Lich King Classic; the adorable ghostly pup, Arfus!
- Developers’ notes: For some time, Arfus has been an unofficial mascot to the WoW Classic Dev team, and we thought it would be nice to get a model made for him and added into Wrath Classic so we could share our love for this good ghostly boy with all of you. Please note that the model visuals and sounds we have in the current build are not complete and we should have the completed version in our next PTR build early next week. The WoW Classic Dev team wants to express our sincere gratitude for joining us on the 3.4.3 PTR, as well as for playing Wrath of the Lich King Classic with us! THANK YOU!
- Trinkets, Rings, Necklaces, and Cloaks from 25-Player Ulduar Hard Modes have been added to the Deflier’s Scourgestone vendors in Dalaran for 60 Defiler’s Scourgestones each.
We have increased the scaling and damage output of the drakes in The Oculus to better align with each of the difficulties. We’ve also set up new rewards:
- Gamma now drops 2 more Defiler’s Scourgestone in the final chest.
- Other Heroic, non-Gamma difficulties now drop 3 more Emblems of Triumph in the final chest.
- The Reins of the Blue Drake should now drop in all version of Oculus via Random Dungeon Finder.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to queue into Burning Crusade Heroics
- Fixed an issue with the minimaps in certain areas of the Caverns of Time and Old Hillsbrad Foothills.
- Fixed an issue that prevented deep wounds and other similar DoT effects from ticking on Rogues in stealth.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a client crash when viewing certain player buff tooltips from across zone boundaries.
- Fixed multiple interface errors in the Random Dungeon Finder and Premade Group Finder.
- Fixed an issue that caused freshly created characters to begin with 150 riding skill.
- Added a Lich King Raids heroic difficulties to the Start a Group interface in the premade group finder.
- The Random Dungeon Finder tool no longer defaults you to the group role specified on your talent pane, and you’ll need to select a role before queuing for an activity.
- When searching for an activity in the Dungeons and Raids or Dungeons areas of the premade group finder, the search bar will now allow searching for specific raid sizes or difficulties.
- When Starting a new group in the premade dungeon finder, a default title is now assigned to an activity if the party leader does not have an authenticator and SMS Protect active on their account.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Argent Crusade tents and siege engine objects outside of Icecrown Citadel to have too short of a view distance.
- Fixed an issue causing groups formed via Random Dungeon Finder to use Battleground chat instead of instance chat.
- Made various adjustments to the order activities are listed when starting a Dungeon or Raid group in the premade group finder.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing you to queue into lower level dungeons after outleveling them.
- Added a level 80 requirement to the Kalu’ak Tribe Exalted reputation reward, Mastercraft Kalu’ak Fishing Pole.