- Author: Furious
- Date: June 6, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Frost Death Knight PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Frost Death Knight in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
The first build doesn’t have Howling Blast but has Icy Talons, increased Runic Power gain from Chains of Ice, 1/3 Scent of Blood and Virulence to make sure your diseases are not dispelled.
The second build excludes Obliterate. The glyph is replaced with Chains of Ice. Good for its really fast generation of Runic Power. Chain of Ice gives 20 per use, also Plague Strike and Blood Strike.
The third build has more self-heal, thus survivability.
The last build is with Howling Blast. Icy Talons not included.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Bold Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Mystic King’s Amber or Etched Ametrine
- Blue: Stormy Majestic Zircon x4
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Spell Piercing
- Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Earthen Leg Armor
- Boots – Greater Assault
- Main-hand – Rune of Cinderglacier
- Off-hand – Rune of Razorice
Gameplay & Rotations
135 Magic Penetration → Hit (about 9% without talents) → Strength
Weapons of choice would be x2 Havoc’s Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings, or Wrathful Gladiator’s Handaxe / Wrathful Gladiator’s Longblade. Main-hand speed 2.6, no discussions here, though there are talks about using a faster off-hand for more procs.
Spells and Tips
- Killing Machine – Grants a 100% crit on some abilities.
- Hungering Cold – This is a great CC ability.
- Threat of Thassarian – One of our core talents allowing us to dual-wield.
- Frost Strike – Ignores armor, deals 100% magic damage. Affected by Killing Machine
- Howling Blast – Deals damage on the target and everyone around him. Don’t forget to take it in the talents. Also affected by Killing Machine
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
Rogue + Discipline Priest