- Author: Malphaz
- Date: June 8, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Arcane Mage PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Arcane Mage in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Forlorn Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Quick King’s Amber
- Blue: Shattered Eye of Zul
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Spell Piercing
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracer – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots – Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- One-handed – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower
- Two-handed – Scroll of Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
Gameplay & Rotations
Hit (4%) > Spell Penetration (110-130) > SpellPower (3000-3300) > Haste (900)
Covering buffs and debuffs is a useful tactic. Use Slow Fall to cover your buffs from classes who are trying to dispell/purge. Also, you can cover a Polymorph on the enemy with a debuff to make it harder to get rid of it. Polymorph can be used to heal yourself when casting against a Warrior with spell reflect.
Positioning yourself near pillars will help you to survive due to loss of sight. Fake casting may be good to lure out some CC, but a skilled opponent won’t buy it, so be careful with it. If they block your school of magic – use instant spells from another one. Ice Block can be used to get rid of CC, but be sure to pay attention and timely cancel it to receive a heal.
Use Fire ward right before being hit by a fire spell to reduce the chance of it getting dispelled.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Shadow Priest
- Balance Druid
- Demonology Warlock
- Elemental Shaman
- Mutilate Rogue
- Discipline Priest + Rogue
- Warlock + Restoration Druid / Shaman
- Priest + Restoration Shaman
Everyone recommends glyphs of fire ward or frost ward but does it actually works?
tested in duel
you can ask mage to spam lvl1 fireball if you want to be sure