- Author: Malphaz
- Date: June 8, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Arms Warrior guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Arms Warrior in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Standard Arms Warrior build. Orcs may spend points from Iron Will to somewhere else. The build is viable in duels and 2v2 arena.
The second build is focused on dealing damage, rather than on survivability. This build is more for 3v3 arena and battlegrounds.
- Glyph of Mortal Strike – Must have
- Glyph of Rending – Must have
- Glyph of Overpower – Best for duels
- Glyph of Bladestorm and Glyph of Sweeping Strikes – Often taken for Arena matches (choose one).
- Glyph of Hamstring – All-around great glyph. Usable everywhere, though if you don’t want to take chances – take other glyphs.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby / Bold Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Mystic King’s Amber / Rigid King’s Amber
- Blue: Puissant Dreadstone / Sovereign Dreadstone
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher or Enchant Gloves – Precision
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Earthen Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Two-handed – Enchant Weapon – Berserking
- One-handed – Enchant Weapon – Blood Draining
- Shield – Enchant Shield – Resilience
Gameplay & Rotations
950-1050 Resilience -> 5% Hit (164 rating) -> 60% Armor Penetration -> Strength
What weapon to use? To put it simple: Axe. It gives you the most out of all 3 specs. Swords can be used for sudden one-shots, also usable when you are kited often. Mace – if when you don’t have other weapons.
Hamstring / Piecing Howl -> Rend -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower
Now to fill the space when you have cooldowns we have our filler abilities.
- Heroic Throw
- Heroic Strike
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Holy Paladin
- Discipline Priest
- Restoration Shaman
- Restoration Druid
- Discipline Priest + Holy Paladin
- Restoration Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Frost Mage + Holy Paladin
- Destruction / Affliction Warlock + Holy Paladin
- Frost / Unholy Death Knight + Holy Paladin