- Author: Jamielolx
- Date: July 14, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
There isn’t much to examine for this spec’s rotation, but this is for a reason: Beast Master Hunter has one of the lowest skill floors out of all specs in the game.
Single Target Rotation
- Kill Command – This ability is off the global cooldown and as such should be used on cooldown, you can do this automatically if you read the macro section of our guide
- Bestial Wrath – Use on cooldown, or if expecting to be Crowd Controlled, delay it a bit and use it before that
- Kill Shot – Use when targets are under 20% HP
- Multi Shot – Only if you can spare the mana, otherwise skip multi-shot on a single target (but always use it on multiple targets)
- Serpent Sting -Try keeping the debuff up, but don’t sacrifice uptime on it if the other shots are not on cooldown, they always have priority
- Steady Shot
- Arcane Shot – Only use arcane shot under 435 armor pen rating
Area of Effect Rotation
Just volley is all you have to really worry about, your explosive trap does not do a lot of damage and your volley being ”faster” than usual due to the serpent swiftness talent is one of the few good things you have for AoE as a BM Hunter. An explosive trap is only worth putting down before combat starts, when a boss has not been activated yet.
Note: if you can get 8% hit you do not need to spec into Focused Aim, you can use this opportunity to put a point into aimed shot to save some mana on a single target. (This will mean you replace multi Shot with an aimed shot on a single target).