- Author: Qxu
- Date: June 8, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Fire Mage PvP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Fire Mage at its peak and all you need to know about arena and compositions.
Fire Mage is always overlooked and so underrated when it comes to PvP due to the domination of the Frost Mage Spec but in the right scenarios, Fire Mage has the potential to be the most broken spec if played correctly.
This should be your highest priority when creating your mage:
- Undead: Will of the Forsaken (CC breaker on some bosses)
- Troll: Berserking (Cast Speed CD)
- Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent (Mana) and Highest Base Intellect (Little extra crit)
Depending on your playstyle, Undead & Blood Elves are the best for PvP.
- Human: Increased Spirit (More crit with Molten Armor)
- Gnome: Increased Int (more crit)
- Draenei: Increase Raid Hit by 1%.
There is no question, Humans are the best race for PvP
As always, your playstyle will be your guide here as well but you should keep some general numbers that are required:
- Hit: 4% (120 Hit Rating)
- Spellpower: 3100+
- Haste: 900+
- Spell Penetration: 135
- Resilience: 980 – 1100
- Critical Chance: ideally 50%+
- Elemental Shaman
- Demonology Warlock
- Shadow Priest
- Retribution Paladin
- Balance Druid
- Rogue + Priest
- Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Demonology Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- Balance Druid + Restoration Shaman
- Survival Hunter + Restoration Shaman / Druid
- Death Knight + Restoration Shaman / Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Jewelcrafting: Effectively 42 Resilience: 3 Dragons Eye Gems (39SP, 34 Resilience, 34 Haste). Generally Resilience dragons eyes are taken.
- Tailoring: Effectively 98 Spell Power: 295 SP proc for 15 seconds and a 50% proc chance, this equates to roughly a consistent +98 spell power assuming it procs right after the Internal Cooldown finishes (45 seconds). Beware of loss of 35 spell penetration which should be covered by extra gems. You would be advised to take this if you are planning to run double dps comps(rogue/mage).
- Engineering: Effectively 68 Haste and 12 Crit with movement speed boost: (Hyperspeed Accelerators) 340 Haste active with 20% uptime and (Nitro Boosts) 3 Minute CD movement speed boost along with 24 Crit rating.
- Alchemy: Effectively 47 Spell Power: Mixology gives bonus SP on Flask of the Frost Wyrm.
- Enchanting: Effectively 46 Spell Power: 2 ring enchants (23 × 2).
- Blacksmithing: Effectively 46 Spell Power / 40 Resilience: 2 bonus gem sockets, 1 on Wrists, 1 on Hands.
- Inscription: Effectively 46 Spell Power: This replaces the 24 SP and 15 crit rating Shoulder Enchant from Sons of Hodir.
- Leatherworking: Effectively 46 Spell Power: Fur Lining – Spell Power (76 Spell power) replaces the Standard 30 Spell power wrist Enchant.
- Skinning: 40 Crit Rating: Master of Anatomy.
- Mining: Gives Stamina (Not worth it).
- Herbalism: Only gives a heal (Not worth it).
- First Aid: This is a must have especially if you will be running double DPS comp.
- Cooking: Effectively 46 Spell Power: Great & one of the easiest professions to level and a must have for the extra stats for Arena.
ah yes the 900+ haste and 50% crit with 980 resilliance, easy
I was wondering too. Because I’m wearing level 200 epic (almost all pvp gear) with some 213 pvp, and that only gives me 500 resilience, 1’800 power, 15% crit and 169 haste (5%)
yep, makes me wonder where’d he got all the numbers from? impossable
Its made in 2019, meaning that its last season of wotlk in private server.