- Author: Furious
- Date: June 8, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Marksmanship Hunter PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Marksmanship Hunter in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
The first build is for Battleground, dealing pure DPS. You can have some PVE while using it, to increase the damage even more. This build doesn’t buff Disengage.
The second build is for playing in the Arena.
- Glyph of Serpent Sting – Increased duration. More damage from Chimera shot.
- Glyph of Aimed Shot – Reduced cooldown so you could always reduce 50% of healing done to the enemy.
- Glyph of Disengage – Cooldown reduction for more survivability.
- Glyph of Chimera Shot – More Damage. Take this with the first build for Battlegrounds.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Delicate Cardinal Ruby or Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Mystic King’s Amber / Rigid King’s Amber / Deadly Ametrine
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1 / Stormy Majestic Zircon x3.
The rest is filled with Red Gems.
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Frosthide Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapons – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency and Titanium Weapon Chain on the off-hand
- Bow – Heartseeker Scope
Gameplay & Rotations
Aimed shot -> Hunter’s Mark (before Aimed shot lands) -> Serpent Sting -> Chimera Shot -> Arcane Shot
Steady shot isn’t always available since you need to kite. In this case kite until next Chimera shot.
Use two one-handed weapons. If you have two weapons, one will be enchanted to provide -50% to disarm, and the second will give you stats. Now when you get disarmed you need a weapon to use Deterrence. That’s why you go for two one-handed weapons in PvP. (Note: Rogue will disarm both weapons)
Spider is one of the best pets for PVP for Survival or Marksmanship Hunter. It uses the Cunning talent tree, which provides you with Roar of Recovery and Roar of Sacrifice. Also, the spider has a 30-yard ranged root which is a great utility skill. It’s a mobile pet, but keep in mind that it’s not as tanky, as a Crab. Sometimes it’s better to let your spider be near you and use Web for rooting an enemy, instead of sending him into the fray.
While also a pet that uses the Cunning talent tree – Ravagers have a different purpose and might require more skill from the player. Ravager immobilizes and silences a target for 2 seconds. Unlike Spiders, this ability silences the target, rather than just rooting them to a place. The downside is that this skill requires melee range and Ravagers are rather squishy.
Crab can also be used to lock an opponent. The difference is that Crabs are slow, and their Pin ability requires them to be in melee range. On the other hand, Crabs are way harder to kill due to the Tenacity talent tree. Excellent choice for Battlegrounds!
Add-ons improve your gameplay by a lot. It is necessary to utilize add-ons, since they play a vital role in your performance, whether you are in a raid, arena or at the auction house.
Check out our Add-ons Page which will provide you with a download link and some configuration info. The addon versions are for WoW WotLK 3.3.5a. The site has multiple versions of the add-ons, so if you need another version – you can also search for it there.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Retribution Paladin
- Discipline Priest
- Shadow Priest
- Restoration Druid
- Restoration Shaman
- Feral Druid
- Protection Warrior + Holy Paladin
- Unholy / Frost Death Knight + Holy Paladin
- Feral Druid + Holy Paladin / Restor. Shaman / Discipline Priest
- Retribution Paladin + Discipline Priest