- Author: Nevermore
- Date: June 15, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
- Orc: One of the three available races for the warlock class, Orcs provide powerful bonuses for your pet due to the Command racial, increasing your pet damage by 5% and increased spell power through Blood Fury, scaling with your level which can help you during the burst phase, better known as Bloodlust. Orcs also have a racial, Hardiness, which provides you with resistance to crowd control effects which is better suited for PvP scenarios but it can also help you during PvE encounters.
- Undead: Another one of the viable choices when it comes to Warlocks is the Undead race. Although it is mostly known for the powerful PvP racials, it can be used in PvE encounters as well. The racials that the Undead use are the following: Will of the Forsaken which removes charm, fear, and sleep effects; Cannibalize which allows you to feast on the corpses of your slain enemies to restore your health; Shadow Resistance, which is the only true racial with applicability to PvE content and Underwater Breathing, which can help you survive for a very long time underwater. As you can see, most of the racials have more benefits in PvP scenarios which is why the Undead race is mostly picked for PvP content.
- Blood Elf: The final race of the Horde which can play as a Warlock,, Blood Elves, do not have strong “buff” types of racials but they do provide magical resistance in the form of Magic Resistance, which reduces the chance of you being hit by spells by 2% and Arcane Torrent, which is a spell with both PvE and PvP applicability. It can help you interrupt certain mob or boss mechanics with its silencing effect while also regenerating a percentage of your mana pool. Blood Elves also benefit from Arcane Affinity, increasing your initial Enchanting skill by 10.
- Human: The Human race is one of the two possible choices for Warlocks. It has powerful racials that can help you in PvE scenarios. One of the most important racials is The Human Spirit which increases your spirit by 3% since this will allow you to obtain more spell power through Fel Armor. Another powerful tool Humans have is Diplomacy, which increases the rate at which you gain reputation by 10%, a major boost for your reputation grind. Humans also benefit from a crowd-control removal ability just like the Undead race, but this one has universal applicability, Every Man for Himself, a racial which can help you in PvE scenarios but has much more use in a PvP encounter.
- Gnome: The second possible race for Warlocks on the Alliance, Gnomes have a very strong racial just like Humans which will amplify your damage, Expansive Mind. It increases your overall intellect value by 5%, which in turn increases your overall damage. Gnomes benefit from Engineering Specialization which increases your starting Engineering profession points by 15 and Arcane Resistance which, just like the Blood Elf racial, it reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%. The final racial that can benefit a gnome in both PvE and PvP scenarios is Escape Artist, which removes movement impairing effects.
- Engineering: When it comes to all the DPS classes that wish to min-max their stats for end-game content, Engineering becomes almost a necessity. For an Affliction Warlock, the haste provided from HyperSpeed Accelerators will increase your damage by a considerable amount since Affliction Warlock benefits from haste just like an Arcane Mage. Other than the haste buff which you can use every 48 seconds, you can also benefit from Nitro Boots to escape a certain dungeon/raid mechanic or to catch up to the stacking points. Engineering will also provide you with a lot of fun gadgets for both PvE and PvP content so every day you use them you will be more and more in love with this profession.
- Mining: will generate you a good source of income while also generating enough raw materials to level up professions such as Engineering or Jewelcrafting. Most people underestimate the profitability of mining but rest assured that it will make you go a long way. Not only will it provide you with a sustainable source of gold but it will also provide you with a special passive that will enhance your survivability, Toughness, which will increase your stamina by 60 at max rank.
- Jewelcrafting: is one of the professions which can lend you plenty of gold while also contributing to the min-maxing aspect of the game. A Jewelcrafter can create special gems like the Quick Dragon’s Eye which will help you boost your stats more than normal gems.
- Alchemy: is one of the most versatile professions you can have in the game, offering an assortment of useful effects from potions and flasks and also a very capable way of loading your bags with shiny gold. If you are going to select Alchemy as your main profession it would be a good idea to pair it up with Herbalism since the cost of the herbs might be too high for you to acquire from the Auction House.
- Herbalism: is the profession that allows you to gather herbs around the world, often best paired up with Alchemy to create a steady and good money flow or it can be taken up just as a gathering profession alongside mining.
- Enchanting: This is one of the professions usually taken by casters and paired up with Tailoring. It’s a standard bread-and-butter profession pair up that can help you empower your character with powerful enchantments to increase your stats or the stats of other players. Having Enchanting on your own gives you access to special enchantments for your rings and the ability to disenchant equipment you find in the world to create high-value materials that you are going to use for said enchantments.
- Skinning is mainly used as a gatherer profession, but it also offers you a nice boost to your critical strike rating in the form of Master of Anatomy
- Tailoring: is the profession which allows you to create garments for your character from various pieces of cloth found all over the world. It is usually paired up with Enchanting because you can disenchant everything you create with Tailoring. It is a very useful profession due to the gear you can create during your leveling journey or high-end content while also making you a steady amount of gold, especially when paired up with Enchanting.