- Author: Passion
- Date: September 23, 2022
- Updated: September 23, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Instructor Razuvious is the first boss of the Military Quarter in Naxxramas. He is a stern and uncompromising teacher and trainer to the very best Death Knights the Scourge has to offer.
“Pay attention. This is Instructor Razuvious, Kel’Thuzad’s appointed trainer of all death knights. It is said that his own technique is so potent, only a disciple of his could possibly withstand his might.” –Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
This guide will offer a detailed, step-by-step tutorial on how to use Instructor Razuvious’ biggest strength, his students, against him.
- Make sure your UI shows pet frames, so you can heal the tanking Death Knight Understudy
- Make sure you pick up any Understudy that breaks control, otherwise they will likely kill a player
- In an emergency, you might be able to take a hit from Razuvious if you use defensive cooldowns
Razuvious main ability, Unbalancing Strike is not intended to be tanked by players, instead, it is expected to be tanked by a Death Knight Understudy that is controlled using the two Orbs at the entrance to the boss arena. Jagged Knife and Disrupting Shout will be the main sources of damage to players in the raid.
Raid Composition & Preparation
Your main-tank should use a ranged ability, such as Heroic Throw to pull the Understudies from a distance. This will aggro them all, but Instructor Razuvious will stay behind for a few seconds giving his students their orders. These precious seconds should be used for your raid to Control the Understudies, which should then be used to Taunt Instructor Razuvious.
The majority of the fights mechanics are dealt with by controlled Death Knight Understudy. These players will need to coordinate taunt swaps every time Bone Barrier is about to fall off. Tanking Razuvious without Bone Barrier active is certain death, and you don’t have backup Understudies if things go very wrong. While you’re controlling but not tanking, simply spam Blood Strike on cooldown.
Healers will have to focus on several different areas. Some focus will need to be on the tanking Death Knight Understudy, it will not survive without healing. At least one Healer should keep an eye on people hit by Jagged Knife, ensuring that they do not die to the damage-over-time effect. Your Healers will also have to make sure to keep everyone healthy between Disrupting Shout casts.
When Razuvious dies, his Understudies will become Hopeless, taking 5000% increased damage from all sources, making them very quick and easy to clean up.
Here are some of the main things that can typically go wrong in this fight:
- A Death Knight Understudy breaks control prematurely, aggroing onto a player and potentially killing them
- Someone gets aggro on Razuvious, being quickly killed and creating chaos while the tanks attempt to reestablish their Taunt rotation
- The target of Jagged Knife does not receive enough healing and dies to the damage-over-time
- The tanking Death Knight Understudy does not receive enough healing and dies
- The healers fail to keep up with Disrupting Shout and players slowly die to AoE damage
As long as your tanks manage their new abilities effectively, this fight is very simple. No pressure!
Congratulations on defeating Instructor Razuvious and starting your journey into the Military Quarter, next up is Gothik the Harvester, so make sure you have a drink, this one will take a lot longer!