- Author: Malphaz
- Date: June 9, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Combat Rogue PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Combat Rogue in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Malice gives you critical chance and that’s an important stat for you, but if you’re feeling confident in your crit – you can go for Setup combined with Sleight of Hand and Elusiveness at a cost of Serrated Blades – this will give you more utility. Going for Ruthlessness is also an option.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
Rest of the sockets are filled with Red Gems.
Keep in mind, that Combat Rogue needs Resilience since he’s often exposed to open fights. You may choose damage over resilience if you are not focused in fights or if you are going for a fast game.
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph or Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph or Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility or Enchant Cloak – Shadow Armor
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Greater Assault or Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
Gameplay & Rotations
Why Swords? Swords give you a chance of a second attack, which can crit and can do poison damage as well. Mace has a stable 15% Armor Penetration which is OK since it’s easier to get that hard-cap ArP cap. If you don’t have a better weapon then a Mace is a fine variant.
Why not Axes? Axes have a lower minimum damage, which will result in less damage per hit since you won’t be always having the maximum damage from every hit. The damage spread is just bigger and there’s a good chance of having lower damage because of that.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Frost Mage
- Shadow Priest
- Balance Druid
- Retribution Paladin
- Frost Mage + Discipline Priest
- Shadow Priest + Restoration Shaman
- Affliction Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Feral Druid + Discipline Priest