- Author: Nevermore
- Date: August 21, 2022
- Updated: August 21, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
There is generally one talent build that Arms Warriors will use throughout the whole expansion, the “standard build” listed below. However, this guide also features 3 slightly modified versions of the standard build, which provide different situational benefits.
Click a build to expand it and see details!
This is a variation of the standard build that focuses on the use of “Swords”. This variant of the build works exactly as the Standard Build, however, it will help you generate additional normal melee attacks by choosing to spend points in Sword Specialization.
This variation of the Standard build works exactly the same as the Standard Build itself, however, it focuses on using talents to hit the Armor Penetration cap via the use of a mace combined with Mace Specialization.
- Improved Rend is an absolute mandatory talent as we will always want to upkeep Rend on a target. This talent improves the bleed damage of Rend by 20%!
- Improved Overpower is a talent that further emphasizes the requirement of Critical Strike Chance for an Arms Warrior, enhancing one of our most powerful abilities with a 50% improved crit chance.
- Improved Charge offers you 10 additional rage upon activation of Charge, allowing you to effectively perform your rotation better — a must-have talent.
- Impale is a talent that further emphasizes the nature of the Arms Warrior specialization, improving our critical strike damage bonus.
- Deep Wounds is one of the most powerful talents in the Arms specialization tree, allowing you to deal 48% of each critical strike as a DoT bleed on your target.
- Taste for Blood is one of the fun gimmicks of the Arms Warrior, it grants you access to a proc that allows you to cast Overpower without meeting its requirement. A mandatory talent that makes or breaks your entire rotation!
- Poleaxe Specialization improves your overall critical strike chance with axes and polearms by 5%, a must-have talent for the strongest weapon in the entire game, Shadowmourne!
- Sword Specialization grants you a 10% chance to proc an additional melee swing on your target, however, this effect can not proc more than once every 6 seconds.
- Mace Specialization is a very strong talent, especially when you are close to attaining your Armor Penetration cap but you are not there yet. It offers you a 15% increased Armor Penetration when using a Mace!
- Improved Mortal Strike increases the overall damage of Mortal Strike by 10% while also reducing its cooldown by up to 1 second. An extremely strong talent that allows you to efficiently spam Mortal Strike.
- Trauma is one of the talents that go hand in hand with the idea of an Arms Warrior, empowering all your Bleed damage as well as the Bleed damage of your allies.
- Endless Rage is a talent reserved only for the most ruthless warriors, which display the most rigorous abilities through hard training. This talent allows you to generate 25% more rage from your offensive abilities, making Arms Warriors a truly unstoppable offensive force.
- Juggernaut is a talent that extremely improves the mobility of an Arms Warrior. It allows you to cast Charge in combat, no longer restricting you to the use of Intercept and Intervene!
- Sudden Death is a must-have talent that allows you to use the most powerful ability in your arsenal without being limited by the 20% health threshold! Whenever Sudden Death becomes available, there should not be anything else than Execute on your mind!
- Wrecking Crew is a talent that grants you a chance to gain 10% increased damage for 12 seconds whenever you land a critical strike. Unfortunately, we can not stack this talent together with Enrage.
- Improved Slam decreases the swing time of Slam by 1 second! Improved Slam is an optional talent due to the fact that Slam can not be used consistently throughout the entirety of the expansion.
- Improved Execute is a talent that reduces the rage cost of Execute by 5. While this talent grants us better rage management, it does not severely impact our gameplay until the very end of the expansion when Execute gains a much more pivotal role.
- Commanding Presence is a simple talent that increases the overall potency of Commanding Shout and Battle Shout. This talent can be chosen as an alternative to Improved Cleave.
- Improved Cleave increases the bonus damage of Cleave by 120%. If we look at the sheer buff this talent offers to our main AoE spell, we would be fools not to select it, especially if we know that we will be encountering some AoE-heavy fights. However, this talent would be entirely useless in raids that have Single-Target predominant fights.
- Piercing Howl grants us the ability to daze our foes, empowering Heroic Strike while also reducing their movement speed by 50%! This ability is treated as both a utility ability and a damage-enhancing ability, especially due to the fact that it is not affected by GCD. However, its use is entirely optional, and at times, it can hinder the rotation of a less experienced player.
This glyph is extremely powerful towards the end of the expansion when you are approaching high Critical Strike Chance. Provided that you have enough Critical Strike Chance, this glyph will help you consistently spam your abilities!
This glyph is strong in fights that have a large numbers of adds, as it allows you to use Bladestorm every 51 seconds.
This glyph is especially powerful in AoE situations, allowing you to effectively hit 3 targets at the same time! Note that this glyph is more suited for dungeons than raids.
This glyph entirely removes the health cost of Bloodrage, resulting in more efficient rage generation! A must-have!