- Author: Nevermore
- Date: September 27, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
When it comes to Talents and Builds for PvE Restoration Shaman, we only have two standard builds that are completely viable. These builds offer two possible gameplay rotations, with one focusing on providing more mana management and focusing on a specific “filler spell”, while the other build focuses entirely on empowering another “filler” spell while providing less mana management.
Throughout this guide, you can click on a section to expand it and see details!
This build benefits from increased mana management through the use of Totemic Focus, reducing the overall cost of your totems while also providing reduced Threat generation through the use of Healing Grace. While using this build, you will want to use Lesser Healing Wave as your main healing spell (Filler Spell).
The second build focuses entirely on empowering Healing Wave through talents such as Improved Healing Wave and Healing Wave, forgoing points in Healing Grace. The rest of the build works entirely as the first build. Naturally, your main spell (Filler Spell) will become Healing Wave, aiming to reduce its casting time as much as possible.
- Improved Shields increase the efficiency of your elemental shields, making this an extremely strong talent for both your Water Shield and your Earth Shield.
- Ancestral Fortitude offers a buff on the target that reduces overall physical damage received by 10% and lasts for 15 seconds. This buff can be procced by several of your healing spells, offering high defense as most damage received in the game has the physical archetype.
- Mana Tide Totem is one of your strongest talents as it provides one of the best mana regeneration tools in the game.
- Cleanse Spirit is probably one of the most appreciated spells by the Shaman community, as we finally receive a spell to remove curses!
- Nature’s Blessing is one of your strongest talents, allowing you to transform 15% of your intellect into raw healing power.
- Tidal Waves is a talent that allows you to empower your filler spells, having a 100% chance to proc when you use Chain Heal or Riptide. An extremely strong talent overall.
- Riptide is the final talent of the Restoration Tree for Shamans, offering the class a strong reliable Heal-over-Time effect. This spell is mandatory for all Restoration Shamans!
When it comes to glyphs, we must understand that every glyph has a situational use — there is no overall combination of glyphs that can be considered the “best”. If we truly desire to maximize our potential, we will want to use different glyphs for different situations. This of course will mostly apply to raiding, as dungeons will generally not require you to swap your glyphs.