- Author: Qxu
- Date: June 10, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Arcane Mage guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide you will learn about playing an Arcane Mage including an Overview, Best Races, Professions, Talents, Glyphs, Enchants, Gear, Gems, Stats, Rotation & Cooldowns…
Unlike playing a Fire Mage, this spec is viable in all PvE content, both dungeons and raids. Arcane mages have a lot of burst damage but suffer if the fights go for a long duration due to how mana hungry the spec is and the lack of DoTs (Damage over Time).
This could be considered aesthetic to some people but it has a huge impact on your end game content. Overall the best race for Alliance is Gnome and the best race for Horde is Troll.
- Undead: Will of the Forsaken (CC breaker on some bosses)
- Troll: Berserking (Cast Speed CD)
- Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent (Mana) and Highest Base Intellect (Little extra crit)
Overall the best race for PvE is Troll.
- Human: Increased Spirit (More crit with Molten Armor)
- Gnome: Increased Int (more crit)
- Draenei: Increase Raid Hit by 1%.
As for Arcane Mage, Gnome is by far the best race for PvE.
- Tailoring: Effectively 98 Spell Power: 295 SP proc for 15 seconds and a 50% proc chance, this equates to roughly a consistent +98 spell power assuming it procs right after the Internal Cooldown finishes (45 seconds).
- Engineering: Effectively 68 Haste and 12 Crit with movement speed boost : (Hyperspeed Accelerators) 340 Haste active with 20% uptime and (Nitro Boosts) 3 Minute CD movement speed boost along with 24 Crit rating.
- Jewelcrafting: Effectively 48 Spell Power: 3 Dragons Eye Gems (39 SP, 34 Crit, 34 Haste). Generally SP dragons eyes are taken. This equates to 48 bonus SP compared to normal epic gems.
- Alchemy: Effectively 47 Spell Power: Mixology gives bonus SP on Flask of the Frost Wyrm.
- Enchanting: Effectively 46 Spell Power: 2 ring enchants (23 × 2).
- Blacksmithing: Effectively 46 Spell Power: 2 bonus gem sockets, 1 on Wrists, 1 on Hands.
- Inscription: Effectively 46 Spell Power: This replaces the 24 SP and 15 crit rating Shoulder Enchant from Sons of Hodir.
- Leatherworking: Effectively 46 Spell Power: Fur Lining – Spell Power (76 Spell power) replaces the Standard 30 Spell power wrist Enchant.
- Skinning: 40 Crit Rating: Master of Anatomy.
- Mining: Gives Stamina (Not worth it).
- Herbalism: Only gives a heal (Not worth it).
Tailoring is must for every caster due to how much Spell Power you gain from it and Engineering is second best due how valuable the movement speed can be in some crucial situations along with the haste bonus that you get.