- Author: Amery
- Date: August 23, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
When it comes to the Holy Priest talents, there are a few possible builds which can fill different rolls within a group/raid, but only a few glyphs that are useful.
This build is all about hard-casting spells. It is a very versatile spec and can fill nearly every role. The roles it can fill are “Raid HoTs”, “Tank Heals,” and “Raid/Group Bulk Healing”. The role it is best at is nuke heals on large numbers of people for short periods of time.
- Twin Disciplines – essential. Boosts Instant heals done by you by 5% including Divine Aegis and Power Word: Shield.
- Improved Inner Fire – essential. Extra SP as a discipline, making out heals even stronger!
- Improved Power Word: Fortitude – essential. Stamina buff for the raid or group!
- Inner Focus – up to your decision. Really handy for Holy, can be macroed with Divine Hymn or with a healing spell when you need a huge crit.
- Meditation – essential. As you are constantly casting heals, you won’t be outside the 5-second rule for mana regen often.
- Healing Focus – essential. In this expansion there are many raid-wide damage-dealing bosses, so you must get something to reduce the constant pushback you’ll encounter!
- Improved Renew – essential. Holy Priests will cast Renew a lot more often making this talent really good.
- Holy Specialization – essential. The best talent that increases your heals by adding 5% crit to holy spells.
- Divine Fury – essential. This talent reduces your cast time on several spells, with the one we’re wanting being Greater Heal.
- Desperate Prayer – up to your decision. Instant cast self-heal that can save you.
- Inspiration – essential. Applies a buff that reduces physical damage by 10%.
- Improved Healing – essential. Reduces the mana cost of Greater Heal by 15%.
- Healing Prayers – essential. Reduces the mana cost of Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending by 20%.
- Spirit of Redemption – essential. Turns you into a Ghost after you die so you can keep on healing!
- Spiritual Guidance – essential. Your spell power is increased by 25% of your spirit! (100 spirit becomes 25 spell power).
- Surge of Light – essential. Spell criticals have a 50% chance to make Flash Heal instant cast and cost no mana, sounds like a no brainer to me!
- Spiritual Healing – essential. Increases your healing spells by 10%.
- Holy Concentration – essential. Your mana regeneration from spirit is increased by 50% after you critically heal with Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal or Empowered Renew.
- Body and Soul – up to your decision. Increase target’s movement speed by 60% after they receive your Power Word: Shield, as well as remove 1 Poison and Disease effect.
- Empowered Healing – essential. Greater Heal Gains an additional 40% healing power and your Flash Heal and Binding Heal gain 20%.
- Serendipity – essential. When you cast Binding Heal or Flash Heal the cast time of your Next Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing is reduced by 12% and stacks 3 times.
- Empowered Renew – essential. Renew gains 15% bonus healing and instantly heal for 15% of the total Periodic Effect.
- Circle of Healing – essential. Instantly Heal 5 people or 6 with Glyph!
- Divine Providence – essential. Increases the amount healed by Circle of Healing, Binding Heal, Holy Nova, Prayer of Healing, Divine Hymn, and Prayer of Mending by 10% and reduces cooldown of Prayer of Mending by 30%.
- Guardian Spirit – essential. Calls a spirit to watch over a friendly target preventing them from dying, Sounds very good to me!
These are some recommended combinations of glyphs, suited for specific types of PvE content:
A very good glyph if you regularly don’t consume the death-prevention part of the spell.
Pretty Straight forward, this glyph makes one of our most used heals cost 10% less.
This glyph allows you to cast Levitate without the need for a reagent!