- Author: Malphaz
- Date: June 10, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Holy Paladin Healer guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Holy Paladin in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
This build has a +5% healing effect from Divinity and other good talents from the Retribution tree.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Luminous Ametrine (x1) rest filled with Brilliant King’s Amber
- Yellow: Brilliant King’s Amber
- Blue: Dazzling Eye of Zul (x1), rest filled with Brilliant King’s Amber
The above-mentioned meta gem requires at least 1 of each color to be activated. Nightmare Tear is also viable to activate the meta gem.
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Greater Intellect
- Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Shield – Greater Intellect
- Weapons – Major Intellect
Intellect -> Spell Power -> Haste & Critical Strike Rating
Intellect is the main stat for Holy Paladins since it increases the mana pool. The reason behind stacking Intellect is that our main healing spell is Holy Light, and it has a high base mana cost, meaning it requires a decent amount of mana to use it continuously. Spell Power increases the power of your healing spell. Some players prioritize it over Intellect (and use FoL as primary healing spell), but it is not a strategy that will work in higher tier content.
Haste and Critical Strike Rating are also useful stats, but not a priority for this build. Getting 20,6% (676 haste rating) is the soft cap. Raid buffs will increase Haste even further. Even though critical procs of healing spells add an extra 50% of healing, it’s hard to predict them. Because of that, most of the heals will overheal the target. Never the less, a useful stat because of the Light’s Grace and Illumination talents. Keep in mind that stacking Intellect also gives you Critical Strike Rating.