- Author: Jamielolx
- Date: July 14, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
- The Beast Within – Reduces your mana cost, increases your damage done, and makes you CC immune to almost everything when popping bestial wrath
- Beast Mastery – Let’s you spend more talent points on your pet, don’t forget it when taking this talent.
- Serpent Swiftness – 20% passive ranged attack speed – still is a huge talent just as a comparison it is the same amount of attack speed a troll racial cooldown gives – except it is permanent.
- Glyph of Bestial Wrath #1
- Glyph of Steady Shot #1
- Glyph of Serpent Sting (optional)
- Glyph of the Hawk (optional)
- Glyph of Kill Shot (optional)
- Glyph of Explosive Trap (Trap-Weaving)
If a Hunter’s raid group is not missing any buffs or debuffs offered by other pets, your best choice is a Wolf (just like Marksmanship and Survival), but at least you can camp a spectral version called spectral version of it. She won’t bring the furious howl buff you’re looking for, but her damage abilities make spectral beasts about equal in the hope to bring some spice to the pet variety. These are only tamable by Beast Mastery Hunters!
The rest of the pets, I would personally deem too big of a DPS loss to consider going with, especially as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
These are good options for your pet talents — if you really want to min-max you can put the point out of Bloodthirsty for a defensive option, however, seeing as pets rarely die in Wrath of the Lich King, I would prefer the quality of life of never having to worry about your pet’s happiness mid-fight.
No problem at all!
Is Aspect of the Beast or Dragonhawk better for BM? And does it change based on if CDs are active?
Dragonhawk is always better, the only situation beast becomes better is if you’re literally melee hitting the target
For trapweaving as BM you are gonna want to take points out of mortal shots and into improved tracking and trap mastery respectfully, you will lose least by having 8% natural hit.
It’s good for your pet expertise and also would leave you with 2/5 mortal shots left instead of none.
You can take a point out of the attack frenzy from BM tree as well and make it 3/5 – uptime on it seems to remain sustainable
the t-rex is by far the best pve pet wtf
It’s not, regular wolves give the highest DPS, and can’t escape the AP buff – Trex does more damage as a stand-alone pet but doesn’t give the hunter increased damage which makes wolves better than devilsaur
No other exotic pet is considered good for bm? :'(
Where can I see the pet skill tree?
On the page..?