- Author: Jamielolx
- Date: July 14, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
- The Beast Within – Reduces your mana cost, increases your damage done, and makes you CC immune to almost everything when popping bestial wrath
- Beast Mastery – Let’s you spend more talent points on your pet, don’t forget it when taking this talent.
- Serpent Swiftness – 20% passive ranged attack speed – still is a huge talent just as a comparison it is the same amount of attack speed a troll racial cooldown gives – except it is permanent.
- Glyph of Bestial Wrath #1
- Glyph of Steady Shot #1
- Glyph of Serpent Sting (optional)
- Glyph of the Hawk (optional)
- Glyph of Kill Shot (optional)
- Glyph of Explosive Trap (Trap-Weaving)
If a Hunter’s raid group is not missing any buffs or debuffs offered by other pets, your best choice is a Wolf (just like Marksmanship and Survival), but at least you can camp a spectral version called spectral version of it. She won’t bring the furious howl buff you’re looking for, but her damage abilities make spectral beasts about equal in the hope to bring some spice to the pet variety. These are only tamable by Beast Mastery Hunters!
The rest of the pets, I would personally deem too big of a DPS loss to consider going with, especially as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
These are good options for your pet talents — if you really want to min-max you can put the point out of Bloodthirsty for a defensive option, however, seeing as pets rarely die in Wrath of the Lich King, I would prefer the quality of life of never having to worry about your pet’s happiness mid-fight.