- Author: Passion
- Date: September 17, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to our strategy guide for the Eye of Eternity 25-man raid in World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic! Located in Coldarra, off the coast of Borean Tundra, the Eye of Eternity is available in Phase 1 of WotLK Classic and makes use of the new vehicle mechanics added in Wrath of the Lich King.
The Eye of Eternity only contains one boss, Malygos, but this is a long fight done in 3 separate phases. These phases involve fighting Malygos head to head, killing adds while flying on hover discs, and overwhelming Malygos while riding drakes from the Red Dragonflight!
This guide aims to help you understand how best to prepare yourself and your raid group for the Eye of Eternity, by giving you an overview of the encounter, providing an in-depth explanation of how to fight Malygos and discussing positioning as well as how you can set yourself up for success. We will also cover the attunement process and how you can reach the entrance.
You can find a full list of gear that can drop from this raid in the Eye of Eternity (25-man) Loot section.
As with most Wrath of the Lich King raids, this raid has no attunement required to enter and is available immediately upon reaching level 80.
Unlike most WotLK raids though, one player will need to have a Key to the Focusing Iris, obtained by defeating Sapphiron in 25-man Naxxramas. Only one player will need this to summon the boss, not the entire raid.
Finding the Entrance to the Eye of Eternity
The Eye of Eternity is located in The Nexus, in Coldarra. The easiest way here is to fly to the Transitus Shield in Coldarra and The Nexus will be clearly visible from where you land. The Eye of Eternity’s entrance is the topmost portal.
The Eye of Eternity only has one boss, Malygos, and no trash to clear before the fight.
- Phase 1
- Make sure you aren’t in front of the boss if you aren’t the tank
- Make sure Power Sparks never reach Malygos
- Ranged DPS should stand in the pool left behind when Power Sparks die
- When Malygos uses Vortex you can still cast instant spells
- Healers will need to keep healing during this
- Healers will need to heal whoever gets targeted by Arcane Storm
- Phase 2
- Melee DPS should take the discs left by Nexus Lords
- Haste needs to be purged on enemies
- Everyone not on discs will need to stay in the purple anti-magic zones spread around the arena
- Phase 3
- Phase 3 is done in vehicles, with Red Drakes that have their own skills
- Move out of Static Field immediately
- Use Flame Shield to negate Surge of Power
- DPS players should stack Engulf in Flames as much as possible
- Players assigned to healing should cast Life Burst at 5 combo points
Phase 2 Adds
Check out our in-depth breakdown in the Malygos Strategy Guide!