- Author: Nevermore
- Date: August 30, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Your arena team’s comp (short for composition, also known as “setup”, meaning the classes of the team’s members) plays a very big role in whether you’re victorious, or you struggle to win games. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that some comps are simply better than others, and some just won’t work — you won’t get very far in a 2v2 arena team comprised of 2 healers, for example.
This guide lists some of the strongest comps for Survival Hunter in Wrath of the Lich King, in both the 2v2 and 3v3 formats. We will additionally rank these comps based on how powerful they are — but keep in mind that a good player can succeed with a weaker comp.
Comps listed as “best” will generally perform very well and are considered viable at high ratings. “Good” comps can compete at high ratings, but they may require more effort and better communication in order to succeed. “Decent” comps can definitely win games, but they struggle versus stronger comps.
Compared to the popular Beast Mastery or Marksmanship Hunters, Survival Hunters are seldomly seen in arenas. However, that does not mean that they are not perfectly viable or even quite strong, depending on the player. Survival Hunters have access to a large variety of instant cast abilities, allowing them to actively kite their targets and LoS them constantly. Thus, their playstyle is much more proc-based, allowing them to fight an attrition war.
Note: The term “Attrition war” refers to slowly destroying your enemy’s resources and gaining an advantage over them by outlasting them, often wearing them down.
As a Survival Hunter, you will benefit a great deal from your high stamina pool, allowing you to become extremely resilient and tanky. To further benefit from this trait, you should always try to pair up with either a potent healer or a potent hybrid class, allowing you to outlast your enemies. You will also want to choose a tanky pet that has access to a lot of crowd control, with the best choices being a Crab or a Turtle. You can also opt-in for a Ravager or a Spider.
Even if our mentality for arenas consists of slowly wearing down our enemies, that does not mean that we can not find opportunities to burst down our enemies when they start being vulnerable! Do not shy away from applying constant pressure on your enemies.
- Survival Hunter/Discipline Priest
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Druid
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Shaman
- Survival Hunter/Shadow Priest
- Survival Hunter/Feral Druid
- Survival Hunter/Elemental Shaman
- Survival Hunter/Retribution Paladin
- Survival Hunter/Holy Priest
- Survival Hunter/Subtlety Rogue
- Survival Hunter/Balance Druid
- Survival Hunter/Enhancement Shaman
- Survival Hunter/Discipline Priest/Affliction Warlock
- Survival Hunter/Discipline Priest/Subtlety Rogue
- Survival Hunter/Retribution Paladin/Discipline Priest
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Druid/Unholy Death Knight
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Druid/Affliction Warlock
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Shaman/Affliction Warlock
- Survival Hunter/Holy Paladin/Arms Warrior
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Druid/Balance Druid
- Survival Hunter/Elemental Shaman/Shadow Priest
- Survival Hunter/Feral Druid/Discipline Priest
- Survival Hunter/Restoration Shaman/Arms Warrior