- Author: Furious
- Date: June 8, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Restoration Druid PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Restoration Druid in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
This is a build with Insect Swarm. It allows you to participate in world and arena PVP. You have the ability to crowd control the enemy while damaging him. This build does not sacrifice survivability for damage.
- Glyph of Barkskin
- Glyph of Swiftmend
- Choose the 3rd glyph:
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Trenchant Earthsiege Diamond or Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine or Durable Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone or Glowing Dreadstone
- Head – Arcanum of Dominance or Arcanum of the Savage Gladiator
- Shoulder – Inscription of Dominance or Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Spell Piercing
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracer – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots – Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- One-handed – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower
- Two-handed – Scroll of Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
Gameplay & Rotations
Resilience > Spell Power > Hit rating > Intellect > Spirit
Restoration Druid is a class which heavily relies on HoTs because he is focused most of the time. Apply HoTs on your team, DoTs on your enemies and if you get a chance to free cast – use it. Use Cyclone to make the enemy immune to Healing and Mana Regenerating effects. Cyclone is often used on low health, focused targets that are about to receive a heal from their party member.
Learn to fake cast – cancel Nourish, for example, at 1/3 or 2/3 of the bar to make the enemy use their interrupt skills. LoS (or Line of Sight) is another useful thing to use. Keep behind the textures (likes Poles) so you can decrease the amount of CC and Damage you get hit by.
Add-ons improve your gameplay by a lot. It is necessary to utilize add-ons, since they play a vital role in your performance, whether you are in a raid, arena or at the auction house.
Check out our Add-ons Page which will provide you with a download link and some configuration info. The addon versions are for WoW WotLK 3.3.5a. The site has multiple versions of the add-ons, so if you need another version – you can also search for it there.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Arms Warrior
- Marksmanship Hunter
- Demonology/Affliction Warlock
- Enhancement Shaman + Marksmanship/Beast Mastery Hunter
- Affliction Warlock + Death Knight
- Mage + Warlock
- Warrior + Warlock
- Warrior + Death Knight