- Author: Malphaz
- Date: June 9, 2019
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Welcome to the Subtlety Rogue PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Subtlety Rogue in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
This is a core build. Talents which are taken are a must-have. Green squares show viable talents, choose them depending on your play style. You will have to choose some of them to progress further in the talent tree.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bright Cardinal Ruby or Fractured Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Yellow sockets are filled with Red Gems.
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
Other sockets are filled with Red Gems.
If you’re using PvP gear – choose Armor Penetration, if PvE – choose Attack Power.
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph or Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph or Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility or Enchant Cloak – Shadow Armor
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Greater Assault or Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
Gameplay & Rotations
For Main-hand – choose a dagger with 1.8 speed. Apply Wound Poison VII on the main weapon.
BiS main-hand daggers
- Heaven’s Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies
- Wrathful Gladiator’s Spike
- Rib Spreader
- Stormfury, Black Blade of the Betrayer
For Off-hand – choose a dagger with 1.4 speed. Axes and fists with 1.5 are suitable for Orcs. Apply Crippling Poison on the off-hand weapon. Apply Mind-numbing Poison on the second off-hand weapon, if you have one (you should).
BiS off-hand weapons
- Scourgeborne Waraxe
- Wrathful Gladiator’s Dirk
- Wrathful Gladiator’s Left Razor
- Wrathful Gladiator’s Dicer
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Frost Mage
- Shadow Priest
- Balance Druid
- Retribution Paladin
- Frost Mage + Discipline Priest
- Shadow Priest + Restoration Shaman
- Affliction Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Feral Druid + Discipline Priest