- Author: Nevermore
- Date: September 12, 2022
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
Your arena team’s comp (short for composition, also known as “setup”, meaning the classes of the team’s members) plays a very big role in whether you’re victorious or you struggle to win games. Some comps are simply better than others, and some just won’t work — you won’t get very far in a 2v2 arena team comprised of 2 healers, for example.
This guide lists some of the strongest comps for Subtlety Rogues in Wrath of the Lich King, in both the 2v2 and 3v3 formats. We will additionally rank these comps based on how powerful they are — but keep in mind that a good player can succeed with a weaker comp.
Comps listed as “best” will generally perform very well and are considered viable at high ratings. “Good” comps can compete at high ratings, but they will require more effort and better communication in order to succeed. “Decent” comps can definitely win games, but they struggle versus stronger comps.
Subtlety Rogues are masters of crowd control and burst damage! They can be often found partnering up with other classes that possess high damage and plenty of crowd control but you can also see them together with healers that provide crowd control as well. Besides their high crowd control and high burst damage, they can also provide a powerful healing reduction effect, namely Wound Poison VII.
However, Subtlety Rogues require high skill and a lot of practice in order to be efficient, especially since they do not have any self-sustain tools. The only way they can recuperate is either by resetting the fight with Vanish, or with Stealth and food.
There are plenty of arena comps that you can play with a Subtlety Rogue; check out all the suggested options in the following section!
- Subtlety Rogue / Discipline Priest
- Subtlety Rogue / Feral Druid
- Subtlety Rogue / Retribution Paladin
- Subtlety Rogue / Affliction Warlock
- Subtlety Rogue / Shadow Priest / Restoration Druid
- Subtlety Rogue / Shadow Priest / Restoration Shaman
- Subtlety Rogue / Marksmanship Hunter / Discipline Priest
- Subtlety Rogue / Balance Druid / Discipline Priest
- Subtlety Rogue / Frost Mage / Restoration Druid
- Subtlety Rogue / Destruction Warlock / Restoration Shaman
- Subtlety Rogue / Affliction Warlock / Restoration Shaman
- Subtlety Rogue / Retribution Paladin / Discipline Priest