- Author: Luxrah
- Date: September 29, 2023
- Updated: September 29, 2023
- Expansion: WotLK Classic
A new build of Phase 4 of Wrath of the Lich King Classic has been deployed on the PTR, bringing with it numerous bug fixes as well as a change to Glyph of Omen of Clarity that was quickly reverted.
Fixes include several bosses in the Icecrown Citadel raid as well as an issue with the quest The Purification of Quel’Delar and some errors with mounts and pets that were no doubt caused by moving them to the new Collections interface.
The patch originally included a change that would have the Glyph of Omen of Clarity reduce physical damage dealt by 5%. This change was reverted shortly after as announced in a blue post by Aggrend.
The raid testing period will end on September 29th at 5:00 PM PDT. Phase 4 is due to launch on October 10th, and Icecrown Citadel will open for raiding on October 12th. You can get caught up on what will be included in Phase 4 in What We Know So Far. In the meantime, you can take advantage of the Joyous Journeys buff to level up your characters and get ready for the new phase.
The PTR has been updated with
Icecrown Citadel raid testing will resume on September 26 at 12:00 p.m. PDT and will close on Friday September 29 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.
Bug Fixes and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue causing various abilities in the Professor Putricide encounter to occasionally deal more or less damage or healing than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing Lady Deathwhisper to occasionally Mind Control tanks and offtanks.
- Fixed an issue preventing long cooldown abilities from resetting after wiping to Festergut.
- Resolved an issue causing Prince Valanar’s Shocking Vortex ability to only ever target a tank rather than random raid members during the Blood Princes encounter.
- Fixed an issue where players that had fallen off of the Lich King encounter area to be ported to the middle of the encounter are and become resurrectable during the encounter.
- Fixed an issue causing Sindragosa’s Tail Smash ability to not properly stun players affected by it.
- The Glyph of Omen of Clarity now reduces all physical damage dealt by 5%.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from entering Sunwell Plateau during the quest “The Purification of Quel’Dalar” without being in a raid group.
- Fixed an issue causing Bronjam’s Soulstorm to cause damage in the middle of the encounter space.
- Fixed an issue causing pets dragged from the pet collections interface to the action bar to not be able to be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue allowing each rogue to be able to apply multiple versions of Wound Poison to the same target.
- Fixed various issues with Mounts not respecting mounting restrictions and being able to be mounted in places they shouldn’t.
- Fixed several issues causing certain options in the options menu to be non-functional.
- Fixed a texture issue on the NPC Colosos in the Alliance area of the Argent Tournament Grounds.