Today Kaivax posted an update to the WoW Classic hotfixes thread on the official WoW Classic forums. Most fixes were related to item effect and ability corrections, however one thing that was adjusted is that guards in neutral Goblin cities now have a significantly longer range for their ranged attacks.
Apparently players have continued to exploit line of site rules in order to grief players while not being attacked by guards. The range is now admittedly longer than it was in Vanilla WoW, however Blizzard states that “it better enforces the authentically intended consequence of PvPing in a goblin city by challenging the attacker to fight, die, or escape the guards.”
November 12, 2019
- The guards in Gadgetzan, Booty Bay, and Everlook now have a significantly longer range on their ranged attacks.
- Developers’ note: We’re seeing some players attack others by abusing line-of-sight rules in Gadgetzan. This disruption is against our Terms of Service (as it was in 2006) and we’re taking action against players who exploit this game mechanic. While this new range differs slightly from orginal WoW 1.12, it better enforces the authentically intended consequence of PvPing in a goblin city by challenging the attacker to fight, die, or escape the guards.
- The Discombobulator Ray will now correctly dismount mounted enemy players.
- Abilities that provide a damage increase to the next auto attack (e.g. Heroic Strike and Raptor Strike) will now properly break crowd control effects if the ability was queued before the crowd control was applied.
- Corrected an issue that prevented pets from attacking a target who entered stealth after the Attack command is used.
- Corrected an issue with the Gnomish Cloaking Device that caused it to incorrectly drop the player from combat when used.