Track the “5-second-rule” for mana-regeneration.
Current version: 1.14
This is an addon for World of Warcraft Classic.
The purpose of this addon is to track the so-called “5-second-rule” (5SR), which refers to the time needed to elapse after spending mana, for mana regen to resume. The timer starts counting down whenever the player successfully spends mana (instant spells, that don’t cost mana, wont reset the 5SR).
Once the 5SR has been fulfilled, the bar will show incoming mana regen ticks until full mana.
A few notes:
- MP5 (from gear and buffs) is not tracked, as the FSR does not apply to it.
- The addon uses a running average to filter out MP5 mana ticks and consumables.
- Whenever items are changed or you exit Ghost form, the addon takes around 5 mana ticks to stabilize.
Access the addon interfaces through the in-game menu (ESC -> Interface Options > AddOns > FiveSecondRule).
- Tick validation significantly simplified.
- Running average increased to 10 ticks.
- Running average and average tick stored between reloads for stability.
- Revert to using a running average to filter out non-spirit based mana regen.
- Use localized strings to check for buffs (spirit tap, blessing of wisdom, drink, innervate, etc.)
- Fix a bug introduced by patch 1.11 affecting non-mana users.
- Improved validation of mana ticks thanks to GitHub user Mcfry.
- Now takes Resurrection Sickness into consideration.
- Should now properly restart ticking after resurrecting (without needing to /reload).
- Option to adjust update time to subsequently adjust the FPS of the Spark.
- A menu to select textures for the status bars.