- Author: Luxrah
- Date: November 10, 2023
- Updated: November 10, 2023
- Expansion: WoW Classic
Today Blizzard posted an episode of their WoWCast developer chat series with answers to the Q&A they put out following BlizzCon. The developers responded to questions about all of the expansions and game modes that were announced, including Season of Discovery.
Here’s a quick summary of the new information they covered about this new version of vanilla WoW Classic:
- We will see the classic level 60 raids in the game, but they may make some changes. The new class abilities will also bring a fresh spin to this content.
- Content from previous phases will remain in the game; you’ll be able to run the new Blackfathom Deeps raid in future phases if you wish to do so.
- Adding new legendary items is “a big maybe.”
- They’re most interested in revisiting incomplete vanilla content. Examples given were the Shade of Eranikus questline in Winterspring or the unused Timbermaw Hold gates in Azshara.
- Content will be adjusted/buffed to meet the power level of characters who will have access to additional abilities and stronger gear than you would normally see at level 25.
- There are no current plans to make two-handed Enhancement Shaman viable, but they are open to it if players want it. They based this iteration of Enhancement Shaman off of builds from The Burning Crusade.
- There’s nothing stopping you from using any runes with any talent build.
- The team is aware that Classic players love to min/max, and they want to make it so we can choose a race we want to play rather than picking the one that is optimal for our build. So there are plans to compensate for racial disparities through gear. In a future phase, priests may also gain access to the racial abilities of other races.
- Hardcore realms are set up to support more players than ever before, and they plan to use similar megaserver technology for Season of Discovery. They’ve seen in the past that having fewer servers available tends to lead to more faction balance.
- The world PVP event in Ashenvale won’t start until both factions reach a certain threshold, which should further encourage more balanced faction populations.
- Season of Discovery will be temporary, but they always plan to allow you to keep your characters one way or another. Right now they don’t have any solid plans of what that will look like when the season ends.