- Author: Amery
- Date: February 28, 2023
- Updated: February 28, 2023
- Expansion: WoW Classic
Greetings and welcome to Warcraft Taverns Stat Priority section for Arcane Mage in World of Warcraft Classic: Season of Mastery! This section will explain what stats are going to be the most important and why.
You won’t get very far unless you understand your stat priorities. All of the attributes on this list can help you deal more damage, either directly or indirectly. What separates them all is just how effective they are at helping you deal more damage. Like most other spellcasters, arcane mages want to prioritize boosting the power of their spells, then supplementing that with forms of mana regeneration.
This is how you’ll want to prioritize stats as an Arcane mage:
- Spell Hit to Cap (16%) – Your top priority is still to reach the hit cap. Thanks to 3 points in the Elemental Precision, you’ll just need another 10%. With two Presence of Sight enchants, that drops to just 8% for Frost and Fire Spells, luckily Arcane Focus gives 10% hit for arcane spells (Only Arcane).
- Spell Power – Once you know your spells won’t miss, you’ll want to load up on spell power. There’s simply nothing else that increases your damage output more than raw spell power, so seek it out like your life depends on it!
- Spell Critical Chance – In addition to loading up on spell power, you’ll also want some spell critical chance.
- Intellect – Right below spell critical strike chance is intellect. Intellect does give you a small amount of spell crit chance. It also increases your mana pool to the tune of 15 mana per intellect. While these are both great, spell power and pure spell crit are more effective per point.
- MP5/Spirit – Rounding off the bottom of your priorities is mana regeneration. Either MP5 or spirit will work great, thanks to 3 points in Arcane Meditation to give 15% mana regeneration during combat.