WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available
Jan 20, 2021
Today, we’ve opened the WoW Classic Public Test Realm (PTR) to test version 1.13.7 of WoW Classic. In this upcoming version, we intend to reduce the spell batching delay.
There are numerous class abilities and spells from Original World of Warcraft that were re-implemented in WoW Classic with spell batching in mind, and we initially expect bugs or adverse consequences with spell batching reduced. In this PTR, testers have an opportunity to join us in finding such issues. Raids and battlegrounds are available in this PTR to facilitate testing in a wide variety of game content.
- Initially, the spell batch window is set to 10 milliseconds on the 1.13.7 PTR, a reduction from the 1.13.6 live window of 400 milliseconds.
Please use the in-game bug reporter (default hotkey: mouseover+F6) in the PTR to submit your bug reports or feedback on abilities with spell batching reduced.
When logged into the PTR, you can mouse over any item, spell, or talent and press the assigned hotkey to initiate a bug report for that item or spell. Bug reports created in this way include valuable metadata about the spell, your talents, and your player-state when the bug is submitted.
If you’ve unbound your “Open Bug Report” hotkey, you can rebind it in Keybindings -> PTR.
Thank you for testing WoW Classic with us!
Feb 3, 2021
We’ve made the following additional bugfixes and changes to the 1.13.7 PTR.
- Paladin seals will now persist on the Paladin for a very short time after they’re replaced by a different seal.
- Developers’ notes: The concept of “seal twisting” was only possible due to spell batching. With a greatly reduced batch size, we’re adding a slight buffer when you swap seals to allow you to proc two in the same swing. This was not an intended interaction in Original WoW, but it’s a fun quirk of WoW Classic gameplay, and we want to allow Paladins to retain the ability to do this. Please let us know how this compares on the PTR to how seal twisting currently works on live realms.
- Mark of the Champion, Rune of the Dawn, and Seal of the Dawn’s benefits are now marked as “passive” auras and will no longer count towards the player buff cap.
- Resolved an issue that caused some summoned guardians, such as the Arcanite Dragonling and Vanquished Tentacle of C’thun, to become stuck on defensive AI and fail to attack enemies.
- Shadow Oil and Frost Oil can now proc while the player is on the Global Cooldown.
- Developers’ note: Shadow Oil is still bound by an internal cooldown however, and this is intended.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Barov Peasant Caller trinket to only spawn 1 Peasant.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Brimstone Staff and Rhok’delar, Longbow of Ancient Keepers to not properly animate in-game.
- Resolved several issues with the Eye of the Dead trinket:
- Spells such as Chain Heal and Prayer of Healing now only consume a single charge.
- Heal-Over-Time spells now properly consume a charge when used.
- Fixed a few places in the Heigan the Unclean encounter area where Plague Waves overlap and cause double damage.
- The range of Heigan the Unclean’s Mana Burn ability is now slightly longer if Heigan is being Tanked on his platform during phase 1 of the encounter.