- Author: Luxrah
- Date: December 2, 2023
- Updated: December 2, 2023
- Expansion: WoW Classic
Blizzard has already tuned some runes and abilities for Season of Discovery, just one day after release.
Among the changes are nerfs to the Hunter runes Explosive Shot and Chimera Shot, the former of which was really living up to its name, truly blowing up anything it hit. The nerfs come after many hunters have already reached the level cap due to how quickly they were able to kill things.
Blizzard has also significantly reduced the healing that Mage healers can get from Arcane Explosion. This combo was apparently so powerful as to trivialize content.
There are a few other adjustments and bug fixes that have been pushed through as well. You can read them all in the official blue post below.
Over the first 24 hours of Season of Discovery, we made a few discoveries of our own that resulted in design changes. We expect that most players haven’t seen much of this yet, but want to note it for reference.
Season of Discovery
- Healing caused by Arcane Explosion reduced by 80%.
- We did not intend for Mage healing to trivialize content.
- The Explosive Shot rune ability has been redesigned and its damage dramatically decreased. Each time it deals damage, it now damages all enemies within 8 yards of the primary target.
- Chimera Shot damage reduced to 85% weapon damage.
- When it comes to output, Hunters are proving to be an outlier. With these changes, Explosive Shot should fill the AOE niche and Hunters should still be very strong, but also more in-line with the output of other classes at level 25.
- Adjustments have been made to the Ashenvale PvP event to allow it to start a bit easier.
- Please be reminded that there will not be much intrigue here until Ashenvale is teeming with level 25 players.
- Numerous fixes have been made to Rune acquisitions to make them less prone to bottlenecking.
- Fixed a bug with Twilight Lord Kelris in Blackfathom Deeps that was causing him to target pets with his abilities too often, including his Sleep ability, which should no longer target pets at all.
- Fixed a bug with Aku’mai’s Void Elemental adds that caused their Shadowbolt Volley ability to deal incorrect damage.
Going forward, if we need to make changes that will impact gameplay, we’ll note them in our usual Hotfixes Update.
We encourage you to let us know about any bugs you encounter using the in-game Bug Reporter, and if you need more room to explain, post in our WoW Classic Bug Report forum 12.