- Author: Pride
- Date: November 13, 2021
- Expansion: WoW Classic
With the release of Season of Mastery closing in, Blizzard appears to be gearing up for some final quality of life and balance changes to really solidify the season.
Kaivax just updated the Season of Mastery developer notes thread with another round of changes, likely to be the final ones before the season releases. These changes deal with quality of life and balance issues that players highlighted during Classic.
Specifically, 3 changes were announced:
- The cost of training the basic (level 40) riding skill, as well as purchasing all level 40 mounts, has been reduced
- King Gordok’s chest in Dire Maul North can only be looted by players who were in combat with him when he died
- Diamond Flask, the warrior class trinket, will no longer scale with +healing power effects
Players frequently complained about having to hold back on buying their spells in order to afford their first mount, so the first change is likely to be a welcome one, despite being fairly minor. Meanwhile, the second one will likely be less welcome, as many hunter players enjoyed being able to solo DMT, which will now yield significantly less gold for them.
The last change will undoubtedly be the most contentious one, as it has the largest game impact. Stacking +healing and getting a massive heal over time effect on yourself with Diamond Flask was a very popular trick for warriors, particularly in premade battlegrounds and in specific raid fights, such as Loatheb.
Warrior players have traditionally been very vocal about changes to their class mechanics so there is certain to be outroar. It will be interesting to see if Blizzard sticks to its guns or gives in and reverts that change in specific.
What are your thoughts on these changes? Are you more likely to play Season of Mastery with all of the quality of life changes, do they put you off, or are you just not interested in playing through Classic again? Let us know in the comments below!
Here are some adjustments that were implemented into the Season of Mastery Beta over the last couple of weeks, that deserve to be noted.
- The cost to train riding skills and the cost to purchase level 40 mounts have been reduced.
- The Gordok Tribute chest in Dire Maul can no longer be looted by players that are not on King Gordok’s tap list when he’s defeated.
- The healing provided from the Diamond Flask trinket on-use effect no longer benefits from bonus +healing or spellpower.