- Author: Pride
- Date: January 13, 2022
- Expansion: TBC Classic
In a new post on the development forum, Kaivax just announced that several changes are in the works. Specifically:
- Serpentshrine Caverns and Tempest Keep bosses now drop new and additional items, such as an additional tier token.
- Magtheridon and Gruul’s Lair now drop an additional tier token.
- All dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop epic gems in Heroic difficulty.
- New Darkmoon cards now have a chance to drop.
- The Consortium vendor now sells: Formula: Enchant Weapon – Major Striking
- The Honor Hold and Thrallmar vendor now sells: Pattern: Netherscale Ammo Pouch
- The Lower City vendor now sells: Enchant Ring – Stats and Pattern: Quiver of a Thousand Feathers
We were of course already aware of the first change, but it’s interesting to see that Blizzard chose to apply it to phase 1 content as well. The other changes, such as the addition of new Darkmoon Faire trinkets like Darkmoon Card: Crusade and Darkmoon Card: Vengeance, were also expected, but it’s good to finally have them confirmed.
Hunters in specific have cause for celebration, as they can finally replace the quiver they’ve been using since Classic. Physical DPS players can also rejoice as enchanting becomes a great profession for them (best in slot for many, even) now that they are no longer forced to use the relatively weak Enchant Ring – Striking enchant.
What is not currently clear is when those changes will take place, as the post does not mention any dates whatsoever. They might be coming with the first wave of phase 3 content, on the week of January 17, as that wave is relatively light on content so far, featuring only the new PvP season and the warlock Incubus pet. Alternatively, they might be coming with the second wave of phase 3 content, on January 27, as the original post mentioned that’s when the tier 5 raids will be dropping a 3rd tier token per boss.
In any event, Blizzard clearly had big plans for TBC in January and we’re definitely here for it. Let the phase 3 content commence!
What are your feelings regarding these changes? Have you been expecting them or did any catch you by surprise? Let us know in the comments below!