- Author: Malphaz
- Date: July 17, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Welcome to the Assassination Rogue guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Assassination Rogue in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
There is not much room for changes in a Mutilate build since it has the required 41 points for Mutilate after which we go to Combat tree for Precision, Improved Slice and Dice and Dual Wield Specialization.
One thing to change in the build depending on your current enchants: Improved Poisons should be taken with Enchant Boots – Cat’s Swiftness, while Fleet Footed should be combined with Enchant Boots – Dexterity. The reason is that these movement speed effects do not stack. Also, they both provide 8% movement speed bonus.
Due to Mutilate requirements – choice of weapons is Daggers. Slower main-hand dagger with 1.7-1.9 speed and a faster Off-hand dagger.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Delicate Crimson Spinel or Delicate Living Ruby
- Yellow: Glinting Pyrestone or Glinting Noble Topaz
- Blue: x2 Shifting Shadowsong AmethystShifting NightseyeShifting Shadowsong Amethyst
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Might of the Scourge, Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracer – Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Cat’s Swiftness or Enchant Boots – Dexterity
- Main-Hand – Enchant Weapon – Mongoose
- Off-Hand – Enchant Weapon – Mongoose
Enchanting will mainly be used to make your armor enchants and unique ring enchants.
Engineering provides a list of useful items during your progression, like Deathblow X11 Goggles and Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles which are present in T6 BiS list (there are better items though). Goblin Jumper Cables XL will come in handy since you can Vanish even if everyone else is wiped.
Gameplay & Rotations
on MH weapon, and Deadly Poison on the OH.
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility, Elixir of Demonslaying
- Potion: Haste Potion
- Healthstones, Thistle Tea, Flame Cap (shared CD)
- Food: Warp Burger, Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
Expertise – Agility & Hit – Haste – Crit – Armor Penetration
With 5/5 Precision, you will need an additional 4% of Hit (64 rating) to reach soft cap, where special attacks always hit.