- Author: bobodingo
- Date: May 10, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Important!!! Bears cannot use Parry Rating or Block Rating. If you have such items – replace them ASAP, as they do not contribute to your survivability at all.
Work on trying to fill out these stats first:
- The Armor cap is 31,672 against level 70 mobs and is 35,880 against bosses (level 73) which is 75% damage reduction. Armor higher than the cap is useless and does nothing more for survival. So work to get to cap but don’t go over.
- The Defense rating cap is 415 (total Defense, you will need to add 154 Defense Rating) which equals a 2.6% crit reduction – making you immune to critical strikes.
- Resilience is also useful and works similarly to Defense. Work on getting the combination of Defense and Resilience to be able to be uncrittable.
- Agility is a great tanking stat. It provides a little armor, avoidance, and also threat with crit.
- Expertise is used to reduce enemy chances of dodging or parrying your attacks (which is a threat increase for you).
- The hit cap is 9%. Make sure to have at least 6% at all times.
While looking to max out those stats look for gear with the following:
- Crit rating – for more damage and threat.
- Strength – also increases damage and scales with buffs.
- Armor Penetration – a great stat to increase damage, can be found on higher-tier gear.