- Author: Oxykitten
- Date: April 28, 2022
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Welcome to our Gems, Enchants, and Consumables guide for Feral tanks in WoW Classic: Burning Crusade Classic! This guide will list the most relevant gems, enchants, and consumables that benefit a Feral tank in a raid environment. Note that gems and enchants should not be considered in a vacuum, but as their contribution to a complete set of gear. The gearing guide will describe when to use which enchants and gems in complete sets.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
Red Sockets: Delicate Crimson Spinel / Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst
Blue Sockets: Solid Empyrean Sapphire / Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst
Yellow Sockets: Glinting Pyrestone / Rigid Lionseye
Meta Gem: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
Gems for Feral Druids are an often contentious topic. Some will argue we should gem full Agility for the avoidance and value it provides when DPSing, others will argue full Stamina for increasing our Effective Health Pool (EHP) when tanking. Some will argue full Hit Rating for maximum threat. None of these options are strictly wrong, and in most stat weights all these gems are very close in value, so ultimately it’s up to you and depends on your ‘skews’ i.e. how highly you value avoidance, cat DPS, EHP, and threat. Additionally, because these gems are close in value, it is usually worth going for socket bonuses as you lose very little value overall.
If the socket bonus on an item is not valuable, you can ignore socket colours and gem however you prefer – I personally use Delicate Crimson Spinels in all slots except to meet the meta gem requirement, because as an offtank in my raid I spend a lot of time DPSing in Cat Form.
- Helm: Glyph of Ferocity / Glyph of the Defender (if needed for crit immunity)
- Shoulders: Might of the Scourge / Fortitude of the Scourge / Greater Inscription of Vengeance / Greater Inscription of the Blade / Greater Inscription of Warding / Greater Inscription of the Knight are all extremely close in value (especially if you need the Defense enchants for crit immunity)
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Wrist – Stats / Enchant Wrist – Fortitude are close in value for tanking, but Stats are better for PvP and DPS.
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Threat / Agility — Threat is better for tanking but Agility provides value for cat DPS as well.
- Legs: Nethercleft Leg Armor
- Feet: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed / Enchant Boots – Cat’s Swiftness
- Rings: Enchant Ring – Stats (only available to Enchanters)
- Weapon: Enchant 2H Weapon – Major Agility
- Battle Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility
- Guardian Elixir: Gift of Arthas (provides upwards of 100 DPS for the raid, which is extremely strong relative to any other flask or elixir)
- Food: Fisherman’s Feast / Grilled Mudfish / Spicy Hot Talbuk (all very close in value; dealer’s choice)
- Scrolls: Scroll of Agility V, Scroll of Strength V, and Scroll of Protection V
- Potion: Ironshield Potion
- Weapon Enhancement: Adamantite Weightstone
Thank you for taking the time to read our Feral tank gem, enchant, and consumable guide for TBC. I hope it was helpful, and if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to leave a comment below, or find me as Oxy on the Druid Classic discord.