- Author: Kurathis
- Date: August 21, 2021
- Updated: August 23, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Thank you for checking out our guide on completing your Tempest Keep attunement! Located in western Netherstorm, Tempest Keep: The Eye is one of two raids released with Phase 2 of The Burning Crusade Classic. Spanning just four bosses long, The Eye is one of the shorter raids in The Burning Crusade, but don’t let that make you think it won’t be difficult! Before we can step foot inside, we’ll need to become attuned and the process is fairly lengthy, so, without further ado, let’s get going!
A Quick Note for Reference
This attunement process does require you to enter certain heroic dungeons, which means you will need certain faction reputations at Revered or higher. The heroic dungeons that you’ll visit:
- Heroic Shadow Labyrinth
- Heroic The Steamvault
- Heroic Shattered Halls
- Heroic Arcatraz
The factions required will be Lower City, Cenarion Expedition, Honor Hold/Thrallmar, and The Sha’tar.
The Hand of Gul’dan
- Pick up The Hand of Gul’dan:
- Next, we’ll head to Earthmender Torlok, located near the Deathforge in Shadowmoon Valley, to pick up the next quest, Enraged Spirits of Fire and Earth
- Place the Totem of Spirits on the ground next to Elementals BEFORE killing them in order to collect their souls for the quest(s). You can collect the souls necessary for Enraged Spirits of Fire and Earth, in addition to the two following quests yet to be picked up, Enraged Spirits of Water and Enraged Spirits of Air at this time.
- Following the successful completion and turn-in of the three quests, Earthmender Torlok will give you Oronok Torn-heart, sending you to the northern part of Shadowmoon Valley to find Oronok Torn-heart.
- He will provide you the quest I Was A Lot Of Things…, which requires you to collect Shadowmoon Tubers with the help of Oronok’s Boar Whistle that calls a boar to dig them up.
- After handing in I Was A Lot Of Things…, you will receive A Lesson Learned which has you destroy 10 Ravenous Flayer Eggs in the area.
- Once that is completed, you will be able to accept The Cipher of Damnation – Truth and History. You’ll then be treated to some role-play.
First Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- Once Oronok Torn-heart is finished his role-play session, pick up Grom’tor, Son of Oronok and head to Coilskar Point to find Grom’tor, Son of Oronok
- He will give you the quest The Cipher of Damnation – Grom’tor’s Charge, which sees you looting First Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation, which you can obtain from Coilskar Chest around the area
- Once you obtain the fragment, pick up the quest The Cipher of Damnation – The First Fragment Recovered and return to Oronok Torn-heart
Second Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- Pick up Ar’tor, Son of Oronok and head to Illidari Point to find Ar’tor, Son of Oronok
- He will give you Demonic Crystal Prisons, which will have you kill Painmistress Gabrissa and loot Crystalline Key and then return to Ar’tor, Son of Oronok
- Pick up Lohn’goron, Bow of the Torn-heart, which requires you to loot the Lohn’goron, Bow of the Torn-heart, which drops from demons around Illidari Point
- Once you complete that task, you will receive The Cipher of Damnation – Ar’tor’s Charge, requiring you to loot Second Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation from Veneratus the May
- After you loot the fragment, return to Ar’tor, Son of Oronok, and pick up The Cipher of Damnation – The Second Fragment Recovered, and return to Oronok Torn-heart
Third Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- Oronok Torn-heart will provide you with the quest, Borak, Son of Oronok, so we’ll be headed to Eclipse Point to find Borak, Son of Oronok next
- Borak, Son of Oronok will give you Of Thistleheads and Eggs…, which requires you to loot Rotten Arakkoa Egg from Arakkoa Egg in the area
- Once you have looted the Rotten Arakkoa Egg, you’ll need to head to Shattrath City and speak with Tobias the Filth Gorger to collect the next quest, The Bundle of Bloodthistle. This quest sees you returning to Borak, Son of Oronok
- Once The Bundle of Bloodthistle is turned in, Borak, Son of Oronok will give you To Catch A Thistlehead, requiring you to place Bundle of Bloodthistle at the end of a nearby bridge. You’ll wait for Blood Lord Zarath to interact with Envoy Icarius. Once Blood Lord Zarath is done and leaves, kill him and loot Stormrage Missive from Envoy Icarius
- Once that is complete and handed in, you will receive The Shadowmoon Shuffle, which sees you killing Blood Elf enemies around Eclipse Point to loot six of Eclipsion Armor
- Borak, Son of Oronok will then provide you What Illidan Wants, Illidan Gets…, which allows you to transform into a Blood Elf with Blood Elf Disguise. You are tasked with talking to Grand Commander Ruusk, and avoiding the dragonhawks, as they are able to see through your disguise
- Upon completion, Borak, Son of Oronok will ask you to complete The Cipher of Damnation – Borak’s Charge. This is a quest that requires you to defeat Ruul the Darkener, an elite enemy who sits upon a drake, and loot Third Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- This quest may require you to gather additional players to assist you, but there have been players who have been able to solo this enemy
- The Cipher of Damnation – The Third Fragment will require you to return to Oronok Torn-heart
The Cipher of Damnation
- Once you return to Oronok Torn-heart, you will be able to pick up The Cipher of Damnation, the final component in this chain. This quest sees you having to defeat another elite enemy, so a group is recommended
- Use The Cipher of Damnation to summon Cyrukh the Firelord and defeat him
- Once you successfully complete this quest you will receive Letter from Shattrath in your mail. This item allows you to continue onto the next part of the process to become attuned to Tempest Keep
The Four Trials
The first task to accomplish is to visit Khadgar in Shattrath City and pick up The Tempest Key, which will have you speak with A’dal and pick up the Trials quest chain
This quest requires the player to enter The Shattered Halls on Heroic difficulty and complete it as quickly as possible as the main task here is to reach the Shattered Hand Executioner before he executes the prisoners. By successfully completing this task will have the executioner drop Unused Axe of the Executioner. Loot the axe and return to A’dal to turn in this quest and pick up the next one.
This quest requires the completion of two heroics, The Steamvault and Shadow Labyrinth. In The Steamvault on Heroic difficulty, we’ll want to ensure we defeat Warlord Kalithresh and loot Kalithresh’s Trident from him. Before or after you complete The Steamvault, we’ll need to defeat Murmur in Shadow Labyrinth on Heroic difficulty, and loot Murmur’s Essence from him. After both of these tasks are completed, return to A’dal to pick up the third trial.
This trial requires the player to enter and complete The Arcatraz on Heroic difficulty, ensuring they defeath Harbringer Skyriss. When Millhouse Manastorm is released from his cell, the group needs to ensure he does not die duuring the encounter. Once the boss is defeated, and you receive credit for saving Millhouse, return to A’dal and pick up the fourth and final trial.