- Author: Malphaz
- Date: July 17, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Welcome to the Enhancement Shaman guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Enhancement Shaman in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
First build is Enhancement combined with Elemental to provide better mana sustain and damage early on. Here we have Convection and Elemental Focus to help with mana, also shorter cooldowns on Shock spells. The downside is that this build doesn’t support Totem Twisting and doesn’t have Nature’s Guidance which means you will need additional Hit rating from your gear.
Next build is Enhancement combined with Restoration, which provides less personal but more group damage. Nature’s Guidance combined with Dual Wield Specialization will provide enough Hit for special attacks to be capped, additional Hit will only improve white attacks. Totemic Focus allows you to start Totem Twisting.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Bold Crimson Spinel or Bold Living Ruby
- Yellow: Enscribed Fire Opal or Inscribed Noble Topaz
- Blue: Sovereign Tanzanite or Sovereign Nightseye
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Agility or Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracer – Brawn
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Major Strength
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Cat’s Swiftness or Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Main-Hand – preferably Enchant Weapon – Mongoose, but Enchant Weapon – Crusader is also an option
- Off-Hand – Enchant Weapon – Mongoose or Enchant Weapon – Crusader
Enchant Weapon – Executioner is also an option for Off-Hand weapons later on but requires at least 500 passive Armor Penetration.
Enchanters can also benefit from Formula: Enchant Ring – Stats on both of the Rings
Blacksmithing also gives you benefits during your progression to higher tiers. Crafted weapons will serve you up until T5 content.
Combining Leatherworking and Blacksmithing is a good option, but requires quite the amount of gold or an alt to gather the materials. Blacksmithing can be removed later on in favor of other professions, such as Enchanting & Jewelcrafting.
Gameplay & Rotations
Ideally, you should be using slowest Main and Off –Hand weapons you can find. Probably 2.6 – 2.8 speed and don’t forget Windfury Weapon on both.
Maintain Totems up all the time and Flame Shock on the target.
Totem Twisting should be attempted with the second build, as you will go OOM too quickly without proper talents. There are plenty of guides & discussion on the web of whether or not this is useful.
Just use a Windfury Totem, then use Grace of Air Totem immediately. 1st totem will grant a 9 second buff to your group, while the 2nd will grant Agility. Maintaining Windfury is a priority and Agility can be maintained rest of the time.
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Strength, Fel Strength Elixir, Elixir of Demonslaying
- Potion: Haste Potion, Insane Strength Potion, Super Mana Potion
- Food: Roasted Clefthoof, Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
The standard requirement of 9% Hit (142 rating) & 25 Expertise.
Hit (*) – Expertise – Strength – Attack Power – Crit & Haste
Depending on the build, you may need more Hit rating to compensate lack of Nature’s Guidance.