- Author: Taladril
- Date: July 26, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
There were a lot of small discussions that took place with the interview that Venruki had with Holly Longdale, but for news there was a bit of an update for some key parts of TBC to look forward to.
Phase 2 is going onto the PTR which means it’s coming around the corner. A lot of exciting things come with it.
- Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep will be tested and available with the “Overlords of Outlands” phase 2 release with a pre-nerf difficulty.
- Guild banks will be on the PTR.
- Ogrila and Sha’tari Skyguard Daily Quest Hubs will be unlocked and also tested on the PTR.
- Looking for Group Tool – this is being tested on the PTR. It will not be coming with an automated grouping function but will be a board of available groups that are accessible to all. The idea of it is to help facilitate finding groups and limiting spam in channels. Remember that this was available in a similar way back in TBC. It was more dramatic changes with the group finder tool with auto group selection, instant dungeon teleport, and personal rewards that caused such a dramatic change to how group finding took place.
- Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair, and Magtheridon’s Lair will be nerfed.
Arena points will be getting a bit of a revamp. Point distributions will be going up at the end of each week as well as a reduction in prices on pvp gear at the end of season 1. All arena points will convert over to honor points at the end of season 1 with the exchange rate being about 10 honor points per arena point.
In a change from TBC, outland faction pvp gear will be available in phase 2 rather than the original 2.4 patch. This is to help as a catchup for players.
Lastly remember that same faction battleground testing is still taking place through Tuesday. Remember to submit your feedback.