- Author: Pride
- Date: July 26, 2022
- Expansion: TBC Classic
The addition of the Joyous Journey 50% experience buff will not be a joyous event for everyone, as Blizzard decided to release the boosting / AoE farming nerfs at the same time — including the massive experience penalty that is imposed if the level difference between players in a group is too large. This effectively kills off “boosting” — you simply cannot have a max level player run you through dungeons for a crazy experience rate.
- Mobs in several dungeons (such as the ever-popular Maraudon) become invulnerable to slow / root effects after 30 seconds, and then gain a movement speed boost 30 seconds later, essentially becoming unkiteable.
- When your character moves to a spot that causes dungeon mobs to be unable to reach you, or to have to take a very long path in order to get to you (popularly used in Zul’Farrak, Zul’Gurub and the Slave Pens), the mobs will now teleport to you automatically.
- Stratholme mobs will now use a stun ability in order to prevent Paladins from AoE tanking them effectively. The stun reportedly cannot be avoided, and it cannot be countered with Free Action Potion or Divine Shield.
- Players are reporting that several mobs will straight-up teleport to their target after being repeatedly slowed or snared.
There are players making an effort to see if any other tricks can allow them to still farm these dungeons, or trying out new dungeons altogether, but nothing has been reported to work as of right now. Thus, as a result of these changes, boosting and AoE farming in dungeons is effectively impossible on TBC servers, and we’re led to believe that these changes will also exist in WotLK dungeons as well.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Are you happy that Blizzard is nerfing boosting & AoE farming? Or do you consider it a legitimate part of the game and would prefer that Blizzard does not make any changes to the game? Let us know in the comments below!
JULY 25, 2022
Burning Crusade Classic
- Creatures in most dungeons have been adjusted so that it is now significantly more difficult to snare and kite them to a large degree.
- In dungeons, group XP earned has been greatly reduced whenever there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.