- Author: Pride
- Date: March 22, 2022
- Expansion: TBC Classic
In a post on the official forums, Blizzard just released the full list of changes coming in patch 2.5.4, aka the Phase 4 patch, bringing the Zul’Aman raid, coming on March 22.
There are quite a few changes in there, and surprisingly, many of them were normally made during the 2.4 patch originally, so it was expected that they’d be coming with Phase 5 – meaning they’re coming an entire phase early.
Specifically, the following changes are noteworthy:
- The Zul’Aman raid is finally unlocked, along with the timed run bonus challenge which rewards skilled players with the Amani War Bear mount
- Every raid boss outside of Black Temple & Mount Hyjal now drops Badge of Justice
- Players can purchase new, powerful gear from G’eras, the Badge of Justice vendor in Shattrath City
- Leatherworkers can now learn how to craft and use the upgraded, rare versions of drums, such as Drums of Battle
- Primal Nether & Nether Vortex are no longer soulbound, and Nether Vortex can now be purchased with Badge of Justice from G’eras
- The Black Temple & Mount Hyjal raids will no longer require an attunement to enter
- Keys for heroic dungeons will now only require Honored reputation status to purchase & heroic dungeons have been nerfed
That is a lot of quality of life improvements, particularly for alts, who will now have a significantly easier time gearing up thanks to the new Badge of Justice gear, BoE Nether Vortexes and easier & more accessible heroics. That is of course alongside the addition of a whole new raid designed to offer mainly catch-up gear, and many hours of enjoyment for players who prefer the more relaxed 10-man raiding environment.
Overall these are some very positive moves on Blizzard’s side, that we expect to see more of!
A full list of the changes can be found immediately below this post.
What are your thoughts on the patch notes & changes? Are you excited about getting to do more content in the new raid? Will you be gearing up your alts with these changes? Let us know in the comments below!
Burning Crusade Classic Patch Notes
March 22, 2022
New 10 player raid: Zul’Aman
Defeat the devious warlord Zul’jin at the seat of power of the Amani trolls and stop him from exacting his deadly vengeance.
- Raid bosses: 6 (Nalorakk, Akil’zon, Jan’alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass, Zul’jin.)
- Level: 70
- Location:Ghostlands, Eastern Kingdoms
There is no attunement required to enter the instance. Zul’Aman has a 3-day reset lockout.
Timed challenge: Amani War Bear
Zul’jin and his lieutenants are holding several hostages in Zul’Aman. When you enter the instance, the Amani will begin preparations to terminate them. If you defeat one of Zul’jin’s lieutenants and reach a hostage before time runs out, you’ll be rewarded with an additional piece of loot and a timer extension—a brief stay of execution. Rescue all hostages, and your raid will be rewarded with one Amani War Bear epic mount.
- Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker now drop Bind on Equip loot.
- The following bosses can now drop Badges of Justice:
- Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker
- All bosses in Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair, and Magtheridon’s Lair
- All bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep
- All bosses in Zul’Aman
- G’eras in Shattrath now has new, more powerful wares to offer in exchange for Badges of Justice.
- Greater Drums, Knothide Quiver, and Knothide Ammo Pouch can now be obtained from Outland faction vendors.
- Primal Nether and Nether Vortex are no longer soulbound.
- Nether Vortex can be purchased for Badges of Justice from G’eras in Shattrath.
- Magtheridon’s Black Sack of Gems and Jewelcrafter’s Brilliant Glass can now contain epic gems.
- Please note that existing Brilliant Glasses and previously looted, unopened Black Sack of Gems will not contain epic gems.
- With the release of Zul’Aman:
- The Battle for Mount Hyjal and The Black Temple no longer require attunement to enter.
- The reputation requirement to purchase Heroic dungeon keys has been reduced to Honored.
- Heroic dungeons have been adjusted to their “final” 2.4.3 state.
- New accessibility options such as Text to Speech and Speech to Text have been added to Burning Crusade Classic. You can learn more about these features here 11.
- There is now a display option to Show Free Bag Space in Interface Options.
- The search bar has been restored to the Professions UI.
- Advanced Combat Logging will now report exact health values for NPC creatures.
- The correct number of lifetime Honorable Kills will display when inspecting another players Honor tab.
- The Skull of Impending Doom and Nifty Stopwatch items no longer cause players to drop the flag in PvP Battlegrounds.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to sometimes not receive credit when completing the quest “The Missing Diplomat”.
- Resolved an issue with certain channeled and lightning affect visuals that caused them to appear incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue that caused Hunter pets to not path properly in some areas in Serpentshrine Cavern.
- Fixed a visual issue that caused channeled beam effects to not display properly on subsequent rapid recasts.
- Resolved an issue that caused many periodic healing effects to not trigger item and spell procs.