- Author: Furious
- Date: December 7, 2020
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Table of Damage Coefficients
DPS increase per +dmg
* A improved Shadow Word: Pain will not only get all the usual bonuses a shadow damage spell gets, but also nets a large extra bonus for being a longer than average DoT (due to the normalized DoT duration). A SW:P with just increased duration and no extra talents gets 160% effect from gear. A SW:P with no increased duration but all the other talents would receive 184% of the effects on gear (though why anyone would go that way is a mystery).
- Mind Flay = 57%. Channel Time / Normalized Channel Time * Snare Penalty = 3 / 5 * 95% = 57%
- Shadow Word: Pain (unimproved) = DoT Length / Normalized DoT Duration = 18/15 = 120%, but receives a 10% penalty to 110%
- Shadow Word: Pain (improved) = Use the unimproved coefficient per tick and adapt to 2 more ticks (1.1 / 6) * 8 = 146%
- Mind Blast = Cast Time / Normalized Cast Time = 1.5 / 3.5 = 43%
- Shadow Word: Death = 1.5s / 3.5s = 43%
- Vampiric Touch = DoT Length / Normalized DoT Duration = 100%
Untalented is without talents in the Shadow tree.
Talented is with all the bonuses of the Shadow tree factored in:
These bonuses combine multiplicatively, resulting in: 110% * 105% * 115% * 110% = 146%
This guide originally comes from the Shadowpriest.com Wiki, which we own.