- Author: Pride
- Date: November 9, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
UPDATE: The changes were indeed very controversial — the forum thread had over 100 replies in just over an hour. As a result, Blizzard has decided to hold back for at least a week before they decide if they will be making them or not.
Kaivax just announced that Blizzard is planning to make adjustments to Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep, reverting 3 specific bosses to their post-nerf state from 2007 TBC, essentially nerfing them. More specifically:
- Morogrim Tidewalker’s murloc adds will have reduced health
- Lady Vashj’s mind control ability will no longer make mind controlled players immune to crowd control effects
- Kael’thas is being reverted to his post-nerf state altogether, resulting in several nerfs
This change is likely to be fairly controversial, as players frequently requested that TBC raids come with pre-nerf boss fights, which pose more of a challenge to experienced players. It targets the 3 bosses with the fewest boss kills on WarcraftLogs overall, so it is likely intended to be a helping hand for guilds which are stuck at 7/10 bosses downed, as more and more of those guilds have been disbanding recently, further contributing to the game’s population decline.
With weekly maintenance in each region, we’re applying some hotfixes to raid encounters as a step toward their final tuning.
- Morogrim Tidewalker – Tidewalker Lurkers’ health has been reduced to their post-nerf values.
- Lady Vashj – Persuasion no longer provides crowd control immunity.
- Kael’thas Sunstrider – The encounter is now set to its post-nerf configuration.
Again, these adjustments will be live following maintenance tomorrow, November 9.
Upon further review, we’ve decided to give this at least a week and discuss it some more. We will not be implementing the changes above with maintenance.
We’ll continue to look for your feedback here and update you with our revised plan, if any, in the next couple of days.