- Author: Taladril
- Date: June 18, 2021
- Expansion: TBC Classic
Yesterday there was an incident where a small number of people were able to buy Season 2 Arena items which would have had a much higher power scaling than what is currently available. People were very concerned as it seemed like Blizzard was going to simply allow that gear to remain with the people lucky enough to nab it. Thankfully today they announced that the gear will be removed very soon with honor refunded to the players. Given that this would have made for unfair Arena play, this was the only reasonable move and good to see fixed quickly.
We also got hotfixes again with much of the fixes around Magtheridon. Blast Nova has been adjusted a bit as there were some bugs around it and how it transitions to phase 3 of the fight. You can see the dev notes below about how they are recreating its effect as it was originally in TBC.
On Tuesday, a bug with our initialization of Burning Crusade Classic Arena Season 1 made three Season 2 rings available on Honor vendors on NA realms for about two hours before we hotfixed the situation.
We immediately got to work designing and implementing a process for identifying the 81 players who purchased the Season 2 rings and reversing their transactions.
That process is underway at this time. All Season 2 PvP gear that was inadvertently available will soon be removed, and the Honor spent refunded.
As always, we appreciate everyone who reported it to us, so that we could act quickly to ensure fair play.
Here are today’s hotfixes for Burning Crusade Classic.
JUNE 17, 2021
Burning Crusade Classic
- Warlocks are no longer revealed on the arena frames if they sacrifice a demon before the gates have opened.
- Magtheridon’s Lair
- Fixed animation issues with Blast Wave and Quake.
- Blast Nova now always has a raid warning when cast.
- Blast Nova will no longer be immediately recasted if he was interrupted before he began channeling.
- Developers’ note: Magtheridon’s Blast Wave was set up in original Burning Crusade in a way that it was possible for players to see a raid warning for an attack that would never come, or for Mag to use an ability without warning. These misbehaviors were recreated in Burning Crusade Classic as we matched the boss configuration with our pre-nerf reference. With the fixes above, we’ve made it so that Blast Wave is used consistently after a raid warning, and no longer fails to be put on cooldown if interrupted during its cast.
- Fixed an issue where Shade of Aran’s Dragon Breath was dealing more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the title “Champion of the Naaru” would be repeatedly granted to players who had earned it.