- Author: Jim Franklin
- Date: January 29, 2016
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
The Daily Post challenge for today is around how our days our organized around numerous small actions we repeat over and over, and out of those rituals which is my favourite. Well, my day nearly always starts with logging on to World of Warcraft and running through my garrison daily quests.
What I actually do varies very little, not only in the tasks themselves but the order in which I do them. I owe most of this approach to my OCD brain, where any kind of change should be met with mistrust and derision. However, there is a still a large part that owes itself purely to the practicality of how my garrison is laid out and that it simply makes more sense to do the quests or tasks in that order.
Quests, Tasks and Routine
I always, log off in my town hall / main centre so that’s exactly where my daily routine starts…
- Head over to the Naval Missions table, complete all that I can. Generally, anything of 100% certainty gets priority. I’ll also get a lump of fish from the fishing nets.
- Head over to the Mission Table, and complete everything and upgrade as many followers as I can. Then, by using Masterplan (an add-on which makes mission management a hell of a lot easier) ensure that follower experience is my main priority, once all less-than-fully trained followers are allocated to quests; assign the rest of the followers based on highest success chance.
- Head to the Pet Trainer building, and beat the pet master there, and if the travelling pet master is there to, defeat him.
- Pick up any completed work orders from the Barn
- Fly over to the leatherworker building (I’ve recently changed occupations, so still missing one or two recipes)
- Head to the Salvagers Yard and open any cases, or bags.
- Over to the Trade building, sort out the work orders and if Ribchewer is there as well, but a load of raw beast hide from him as well while it’s cheap.
- Go to the Fishing Shack, and see which fish you need for the daily fishing quest. If I’m lucky I’ll already be holding some, from the naval missions. If not, I’ll leave it for now and walk over the bridge to the Herb Garden.
- Herb Garden, pick everything and move on simple.
- Up to the Mine, same drill. Head there, drink 3 coffee’s use a mining pick and clear the place out.
- Fly down to the Bank, and empty all your crafting goods into the Bank. Remember to pick up any fish you might need, and hand them in for the fishing daily quest.
- Fly back to the main garrison building and log off…
That is my daily World of Warcraft garrison routine. Is it fun? Ummm well not overly but I am compelled to do it for that small chance of a rare drop of something or other. So what are your daily gaming routines?