- Author: Astrael
- Date: September 20, 2023
- Updated: September 20, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft’s Brewfest is loosely based on the real-world Oktoberfest. Join the Horde and Alliance as they celebrate the fruits of the farmers’ harvests by participating in festive activities and sampling different brews (both non-alcoholic and full strength), cheeses, and other artisan treats! There are plenty of pets and toys to collect, as well as several unique activities for players to indulge in. And of course, don’t forget about the festive cosmetic apparel!
Date: Sept. 20-Oct. 6, 2023
Location: Ironforge, Orgrimmar
Recent Event Updates
- A March hotfix for Patch 10.0.5 lifted holiday restrictions for many cosmetic items that previously were unable to be transmogged, including all four variations of Brewfest’s goggles.
- Gear rewarded for defeating Coren Direbrew has been scaled to item level 385.
- New items: Renewed Proto-Drake: Brewfest Armor, Brew Barrel, Homebrewer’s Sampling Crest
The currency for this holiday are Brewfest Prize Tokens, which are obtained by completing introduction and daily quests, invasions, defeating the holiday boss, plus chowdown and ram-riding mini-games.
Don’t let those Brewfest Prize Tokens burn a hole in your robe pockets! Redeem them at Brewfest Camps outside Orgrimmar (Durotar) and Ironforge (Dun Morogh) to boost your collections of battle pets, mounts, cosmetic items, and more! Here’s everything you need to know about Brewfest rewards:
Each morning and evening, leaders at each Brewfest camp will rally citizens together with an inspiring speech which grants Brewfest Enthusiast, a 10% buff to experience gained from kills. This buff is granted to all players who are nearby, lasts for two hours, and does persist through death.
Brew of the Month
Keep the spirit of Brewfest alive all year! Enroll your character in the Brew of the Month Club by completing the “Brew of the Month” Club Membership Form (Horde/Alliance). As an exclusive club member, you’ll receive a brand new brew in your mailbox every month. The catch? Each brew comes packed with… interesting side effects that will leave players eagerly counting down the days until Brewfest returns (or not…)!
If you’ve had enough, you can cancel your club membership by sending an Angry Brewfest Letter. However, beware: Once you unleash your anger into the postal service void, you’ll never be able to join the Brew of the Month Club again.
Two of the Brewfest pets have a unique twist: the Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm and Wolpertinger are only visible to their owner and members of that player’s party. The only way non-party members are able to see when someone else has summoned these pets is to drink the holiday beverages and receive the debuff “completely smashed.”
Quest: Catch the Wild Wolpertinger
Transmog and Heirloom
Brewfest offers a selection of dapper cosmetic apparel available for transmog. Remember to wear three pieces to receive the set bonus Full Brewfest Garb! Once you’re all dressed up, head to Dalaran, get completely smashed, and /dance around to complete the Disturbing the Peace achievement.
After a long night of sampling everything the competing breweries have to offer, you’re sure to need a ride home. Thankfully, Brewfest has two coveted mounts, both of which have a chance to be looted from the Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest after slaying Coren Direbrew: the Great Brewfest Kodo and the Swift Brewfest Ram.
Toys and Holiday Items
Note: For players who prefer to not consume in-game alcohol, there are Alcohol-Free Brewfest Samplers, plus the Synthebrew Goggles XL which simulate the effects of the debuff needed for achievements that require players to be completely smashed.
Brewfest Activities and Locations
The majority of Brewfest activities and quest breadcrumbs take place within the Brewfest Camps. Here, vendors peddle their seasonal wares and players can complete daily quests and minigames to earn Brewfest Prize Tokens to trade for exciting rewards.
Alliance: Outside the Gates of Ironforge
Horde: Western side of Durotar, past the Gates of Orgrimmar
Chowdown on some Brewfest sausage in a contest with other players, and win to receive Chowdown Champion Tokens which you can use to buy a Brewfest Chowdown Trophy. The Chowdown Champion Tokens stack up to five, which conveniently is the cost of the trophy.
Look for the Chowdown Booth near your faction’s Brewfest Camp, and take one of the four seats. The contest begins once four players are seated around the table, and a progress bar plus three new action buttons will appear:
- Eat: Increases your bar; one second cooldown
- Refreshing Brew: Reduces your bar; 10 second cooldown
- New Plate: Refills your plate; three second cooldown.
Be the first player to eat 10 plates of food to win. Using the Eat action removes food from your plate, so you’ll need to Order More Food when you run out. If you get too full (your progress bar reaches 100%), you’ll momentarily “choke,” which slows down your action, so you’ll need to balance drinking a Refreshing Brew with eating for your chance at victory.
You can participate as many times as you like, but you will receive a five minute Full Stomach debuff after each contest that temporarily prevents you from entering the contest. This buff does not persist through death. Bonne chance et bon appétit!
Ram Riding challenges players to race against the clock while gathering as many Portable Brewfest Kegs as they can on their… “trusty” rental ram. After tackling the two breadcrumb quests, you can enjoy daily rounds of ram-riding excitement. The better you are, the more Brewfest Prize Tokens you’ll scoop up as your reward!
- Now This is Ram Racing… Almost. (A) / Now This is Ram Racing… Almost. (H) unlocks the next quest in the riding series; awards a small amount of gold.
- There and Back Again (A) / There and Back Again (H) unlocks the daily ram riding quest and awards 10 Brewfest Prize Tokens
- Daily Quest: Ram Race awards 2 Brewfest Prize Tokens per successful lap. Complete as many laps as you can before the temporary ram mount expires (15 minutes).
After accepting the riding quest(s), you’ll be mounted on a temporary ram. Ram Racing Reins will appear in your Extra Action Button UI slot. Each use of the Ram Racing Reins will increase your ram’s speed, but pay attention to Ram Fatigue! If the fatigue counter hits 100, you’ll have an Exhausted Ram. Your ram will slow walk for 15 seconds, unaffected by using the reins for speed increases. To reduce or reset fatigue, stop at a barrel of apples along the riding path.
Complete the quests by using the Ram Racing Reins to balance your ram’s speed and fatigue counter:
- Ram Level – Neutral: Speed reduced by 50%; lose 2 Ram Fatigue every two seconds.
- Ram – Trot: Speed increased by 25%; lose 2 Ram Fatigue every two seconds. Achieved by using Ram Racing Reins every few seconds.
- Ram – Canter: Speed increased by 100%; gain 1 Ram Fatigue per second. Achieved by using Ram Racing Reins once per second.
- Ram – Gallop: Speed increased by 185%; gain 5 Ram Fatigue every second. Achieved by spam-clicking Ram Racing Reins.
Holiday Boss: Coren Direbrew
Queue up in the Dungeon Finder and make your way to the Grim Guzzler bar inside Blackrock Depths. There, you’ll find Coren Direbrew and his cronies, plus the encounter’s daily quest, Insult Coren Direbrew. Each player can pick up once per day to trigger the battle. In addition to dropping a festive variety of meats, cheeses, and ales, slaying Coren Direbrew rewards the Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest. This chest provides the chance to loot the coveted mounts and epic trinkets of Brewfest.
Dagger (One Hand)
Mace (One Hand)
Think you’ve got what it takes to master Brewfest? Prove it by completing the following achievements and you’ll… *hic*.. you’ll earn the title <Brewmaster>! Like the other world holiday events, completing the meta for this holiday (Brewmaster) will award credit toward What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been, getting you one stumble closer to the beautiful Violet Proto-Drake.
Holiday Meta Brewmaster: Complete the required achievements below:
- The Brewfest Diet: Eat 8 of the foods listed in the achievement tooltip.
- Direbrewfest: Kill Coren Direbrew.
- Queue up for Brewfest’s Blackrock Depths dungeon and slay the holiday boss, Coren Direbrew.
- Does Your Wolpertinger Linger?: Obtain a Wolpertinger pet from the Brewfest quest line.
- Brew of the Month: Join the Brew of the Month club.
- Have Keg, Will Travel: Obtain a Brewfest mount, or transform yours into one using Brewfest Hops.
- To complete this one, you’ll need to obtain the Great Brewfest Kodo or Swift Brewfest Ram, or purchase one of the following items to use on one of your existing mounts:
- A Brew-FAST Mount: Obtain an epic Brewfest mount.
- Almost Blind Luck: Fall 65 yards without dying, while wearing Synthebrew Goggles during the Brewfest Holiday.
- Equip your Synthebrew Goggles, find a high point, and take that leap! High points around faction capitals work well, such as Orgrimmar’s elevators, Krasus Landing in Dalaran, or the top riser at the Stormwind Gate.
- Tip: The Synthebrew Goggles XL will not award credit, you must use Synthebrew Goggles.
- Note: This quest was renamed from “Drunken Stupor” several years ago, as well as removed as a requirement for Brewmaster in Patch 3.3.0.
- Brew of the Year: Sample 12 beers featured in the Brew of the Month club.
- Disturbing the Peace: While wearing three pieces of Brewfest clothing, get completely smashed and dance in Dalaran.
- Strange Brew (A) / Strange Brew (H): Acquire the listed Brewfest beers. Don’t drink them all at once!