- Author: Astrael
- Date: February 5, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
Can you feel it? The capital cities are decked out with ribbons and seasonal vendors are peddling their sweet treats: Love is in the Air has arrived! But it’s not all roses… the sneaky goblins of the Crown Chemical Co. are plotting to spread their plagued goods to the citizens of Azeroth, and it’s up to you to stop them.
When: Feb. 6-20, 2023
Where: Capital cities of Azeroth
- 2023: Blizzard announced that the X-45 Heartbreaker mount has an increased chance of being in your first Heart-Shaped Box each day for all level 60+ characters.
- In the newly launched Trading Post, completing Love is in the Air activities can get you a total of 750 Traveler’s Log points.
Love Tokens can be used to purchase mounts you’ll fall in love with (such as Swift Lovebird and X-45 Heartbreaker), battle pets, stylish cosmetic items, and plenty of romance-themed toys, including the Romantic Picnic Basket.
- Players can earn 30 Love Tokens per day by completing daily quests.
- An additional 5-10 Love Tokens are rewarded inside Heart-Shaped Box upon defeating Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep
- Players can also turn in Lovely Charm Bracelets in exchange for one Love Token.
- To create a Lovely Charm Bracelet, first, obtain a Lovely Charm Collector’s Kit from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet, then slay enemies to collect and combine 10 Lovely Charms.
- Note: To receive a Lovely Charm, enemies must be near or above your character’s current level. Gathering and killing low-level enemies that appear gray will not award any Charms.
Dress to impress in a Lovely Dress or Dinner Suit! Visit Lovely Merchants in each faction’s capital cities to purchase a box for 20 .
- Lovely Dress Box awards one of four dresses: Lovely Black Dress, Lovely Blue Dress, Lovely Purple Dress, and Lovely Red Dress
- Dinner Suit Box awards one of three suits: Blue Dinner Suit, Purple Dinner Suit, and Red Dinner Suit
Note: The green/uncommon quality versions of the Lovely Dresses and Dinner Suits are Bind on Pickup (BoP), can be transmogged while Love is in the Air is active, and replace the former white/common quality versions of the same items. The common quality items are Bind on Equip (BoE) and can be equipped year-round.
If you dare, enter the holiday encounter in Shadowfang Keep and defeat Apothecary Hummel for a chance at two headpieces. As of 2022, these items were not transmoggable, though they can be equipped year-round:
- Vile Fumigator’s Mask equips players with a gas mask and canisters of overwhelming concentrated perfume.
- Forever-Lovely Rose equips male characters with a flower clenched in their teeth, and female characters will wear the rose tucked behind their ears.
Pets and Mounts
- The Peddlefeet pet is rewarded after completing the achievement Perma-Peddle, which requires players to purchase a Truesilver Shafted Arrow from a Lovely Merchant for 40
- The Toxic Wasteling pet can be contained in a Heart-Shaped Box that drops after defeating Apothecary Hummel for the first time each day
- The Lovebird Hatchling pet can be purchased from Lovely Merchant for 40
- The coveted X-45 Heartbreaker rocket mount has a low chance of dropping from Apothecary Hummel’s Heart-Shaped Box
- The Swift Lovebird mount is sold by Lovely Merchants for 270
From Lovely Merchants, players can purchase:
- Romantic Picnic Basket, 10 : Bring the romance of a picnic anywhere!
- Love Boat, 270 : Summon a boat for a lovely float in the water
- Sturdy Love Fool, 100 : Channel all your frustration on this summoned target dummy
- Peddlefeet’s Lovely Hearthstone, 150 : Make your way home surrounded by pink, heart-shaped clouds
Lovely Merchants also sell the following heirloom upgrades:
- Ancient Heirloom Scabbard, 200
- Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard, 450
- Weathered Heirloom Scabbard, 450
- Battle-Hardened Heirloom Scabbard, 450
- Eternal Heirloom Scabbard, 450
Lovely Merchants can be found in capital cities selling seasonally-themed goodies to reward your efforts and get you in the mood for love:
- Undercity (58, 91)
- Orgrimmar (53, 66)
- Thunder Bluff (43, 53)
- Silvermoon City (64, 67)
- Stormwind (62, 75)
- Exodar (73, 56)
- Ironforge (33, 66)
- Darnassus (42, 52)
(5) Love Rocket
(5) Lovely Rose
There is no shortage of sweet shenanigans to help players earn Lovely Charms and Love Tokens to collect all of the holiday goodies! The Steamwheedle Cartel suspects the goblins of the Crown Chemical Company are up to no good, and request your help to investigate.
In addition to the main quest line, players can enter Shadowfang Keep to defeat Apothecary Hummel for a chance at epic necklaces and rare goodies, plus complete a series of dailies that involve helping out the Crown Chemical Co., gifting Lovely Charm Bracelets to faction leaders, and defeating nefarious enemies.
Love is in the Air’s main quest line is Investigate the Crown Chemical Co. Completing it will not award Love Tokens, but it will unlock the daily quest for the holiday dungeon.
- (H) Uncommon Scents / (A) Uncommon Scents
- (H) Something Stinks / (A) Something Stinks
- (H) Pilfering Perfume / (A) Pilfering Perfume
- (H) Snivel’s Sweetheart / (A) Fireworks At The Gilded Rose
- (H) A Friendly Chat… / (A) A Friendly Chat…
- (H) Man on the Inside / (A) Man on the Inside: This one will lead you to Shadowfang Keep for the holiday dungeon boss.
Spread the love! The Crown Chemical Company will have one of three dailies available every day, all of which involve testing their seasonal goodies on other players by targeting them and using the quest item. All three quests begin and end at a Crown Chemical Company’s Public Relations Agent, who can be found in participating capital cities.
Note: Successfully sampling a product will grant a the Sample Satisfaction debuff denoted by a heart above the player’s head. If a player already has the debuff from someone else, you won’t receive credit for the quest, so look for someone who is still available!
- Bonbon Blitz: Toss samples from the Crown Chocolate Sampler to 10 different players.
- A Cloudlet of Classy Cologne: Test out the Crown Cologne Sprayer on 10 different players.
- A Perfect Puff of Perfume: Test out the Crown Perfume Sprayer on 10 different players.
After completing the main questline, players will unlock two more dailies.
- (H) Crushing the Crown / (A) Crushing the Crown
- (H) Follow the Recipe / (A) Follow the Recipe
Start: Kwee Q. Peddlefeet
End: Each quest’s faction leader
- A Gift for the Warchief’s Advisor
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Orgrimmar Card
- A Gift for the Banshee Queen
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Undercity Card
- Note: If Undercity is not available, speak with Zidormi in Tirisfal Glades to enter the correct phase.
- A Gift for the High Chieftain
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Thunder Bluff Card
- A Gift for the Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Silvermoon City Card
Start: Kwee Q. Peddlefeet
End: Each quest’s faction leader
- A Gift for the High Priestess of Elune
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Darnassus Card
- Note: If Teldrassil is not available, speak with Zidormi in Darkshore to enter the correct phase.
- A Gift for the King of Stormwind
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Stormwind Card
- A Gift for a Lord of Ironforge
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Ironforge Card
- A Gift for the Prophet
- Reward: 5 , Lovely Exodar Card
Gather your friends or use the dungeon finder to return to Shadowfang Keep and defeat the Crown Chemical Co.’s undead apothecaries before they unleash a new plague! Upon entering, players can grab a Perfume Neutralizer or Cologne Neutralizer to use in order to be immune to abilities used by Apothecary Hummel or Apothecary Baxter.
The fight is quite simple and goes fairly quick, especially with well-geared players. Defeating the trio will give you the chance to receive the following loot from Apothecary Hummel:
There are 22 achievements to earn during Love is in the Air, including the event meta which awards the title <Name> the Love Fool.
- Required for meta: