- Author: Luxrah
- Date: June 2, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
Another, very small round of hotfixes has gone out, this time with only a couple of changes included.
The first change is not really a fix at all: for the rest of June, you can purchase a Prismatic Bauble from Jepetto Joybuzz in The Wonderworks in Dalaran. This epic toy costs a whopping 250,000 gold and is normally only available from the Mad Merchant, a rare vendor that only spawns for an hour at a time. The item has also had its cooldown reduced to 60 seconds for the rest of the month. This change was almost certainly introduced to allow players to celebrate Pride Month with a cool rainbow effect.
There are also some adjustments to the Researchers Under Fire event, where players were suffering from a shortage of Altar Stones. To compensate, more spawn locations were added and the spawn rate was increased. The timer was also extended by 30 seconds to give players more time to collect them.
Here you’ll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
JUNE 1, 2023
Items and Rewards
- Prismatic Bauble’s cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 120 seconds) for one month.
- Developers’ notes: For one month, the Prismatic Bauble’s cooldown has been reduced and can be purchased from Jepetto Joybuzz and his Clockwork Assistant in The Wonderworks in Dalaran, floating above the Broken Isles. The Wonderworks can be found down the steps from the Violet Citadel and across the street from Simply Enchanting. Be warned! This very expensive cosmetic item will only have a reduced cooldown and be available from these sources for a month before returning to its original cooldown and being exclusively sold by Dalaran’s legendary and elusive Mad Merchant.
- Researchers Under Fire
- Developers’ notes: Players were being delayed by a lack of Altar Stones which we are addressing. Even with more Altar Stones the timer is still super tight. We think another 30 seconds will allow groups to perfect their runs and be more in line with the Titan version once players become more familiar.
- Added more spawns of Altar Stones as well as made them spawn quicker.
- The Sundered Flame Forces are being delayed giving players an extra 30 seconds to complete the Investigation of the Djaradin Ruins.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Commendation of Bravery is again available from Veteran Arena vendors: Argex Irongut in Gadgetzan, Kezzik the Striker in Area 52, and Nargle Lashcord in Dalaran.