Welcome to our beginner’s guide for casually playing a Holy Paladin healer in World of Warcraft. This guide is intended for players who prefer a less complex play style.
Talents & Builds
- Level 15: Crusader’s Might
Crusader Strike reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1.5 sec.
- Level 25: Saved by the Light
When an ally with your Beacon of Light is damaged below 30% health, they absorb the next [Spell power * 4 * (1 + Versatility)] damage.
You cannot shield the same person this way twice within 1 min.
- Level 30: Blinding Light
Emits dazzling light in all directions, blinding enemies within 10 yards, causing them to wander disoriented for 6 sec. Non-Holy damage will break the disorient effect.
- Level 35: Unbreakable Spirit
Reduces the cooldown of your Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Lay on Hands by 30%.
- Level 40: Divine Purpose
Holy Power abilities have a 15% chance to make your next Holy Power ability free and deal 20% increased damage and healing.
- Level 45: Awakening
Word of Glory and Light of Dawn have a 15% chance to grant you Avenging Wrath for 10 sec.
- Level 50: Beacon of Virtue
Apply a Beacon of Light to your target and 3 injured allies within 30 yards for 8 sec.
All affected allies will be healed for 50% of the amount of your other healing done.
Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on these targets will also grant 1 Holy Power
- Holy Power Builders: Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, Hammer of Wrath
- Holy Power Spenders: Word of Glory, Shield of the Righteous
- Cooldowns: Avenging Wrath, Divine Toll, Aura Mastery, Divine Shield, Blessing of Sacrifice
- Other: Consecration, Judgement
- Keep Consecration down
- Judgement on cooldown
- Hammer of Wrath on cooldown (if available)
- Holy Shock on cooldown (either healing or damage if no healing is needed)
- Crusader Strike on cooldown to reset Holy Shock cooldown
- If you need AoE healing cast Beacon of Virtue
- Spend Holy Power on Word of Glory for big heals or Shield of the Righteous for damage
- If the group is taking more damage than the above can heal, activate one of your cooldowns with this priority:
Gems & Enchants
As of right now the best option is Haste gems.
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Fortified Leech
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Eternal Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Eternal Intellect
- Rings – Enchant Ring – Tenet of Haste
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Celestial Guidance
Kyrian is currently the best choice for a casual player playing a Holy Paladin, as Divine Toll provides you with a very powerful ability on a very low cooldown.
- Divine Toll: Instantly casts 5 Holy Shock on nearby allies or enemies
- Phial of Serenity: Removal of all diseases, poisons, curses and bleeds with a small heal
Here you can find a list of Potency Conduits and Endurance Conduits in order of priority. Feel free to use whichever Finesse conduits best suit your play style.
Ringing Clarity – Divine Toll has a 40.0% chance to cast 3 extra time on the main target.
- Drops from multiple World Bosses:
- Nurgash Muckformed
- Oranomonos the Everbranching
Focused Light – Holy Shock’s critical effect chance is increased by 5.0%.
- Drops from the last boss in Spires of Ascension, Devos, Paragon of Doubt
Golden Path – Consecration heals you for 200 every 1 sec while standing within it.
- Drops from Castle Nathria, Lady Inerva Darkvein encounter. This can be obtained from LFR.
Shielding Words – Casting Word of Glory grants you a shield that prevents damage equal to 15.0% of the healing done by Word of Glory. Lasts 10 sec.
- Drops from Castle Nathria, Sun King’s Salvation encounter. This can be obtained from LFR.
The best overall legendary for casual Holy Paladin is Shock Barrier.
Holy Shock protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 18 sec, absorbing damage equal to 20% of the Holy Shock every 6 sec. Can protect up to 5 targets.
Memory of the Shock Barrier is dropped in Torghast, Tower of the Damned in the Coldheart Interstitia wing, Layers 3 and higher.