Classic Era Version 1.15.0 Development Notes
Nov 9, 2023
November 9, 2023
Before we launch Season of Discovery, we’ll patch Classic Era and Hardcore to version 1.15.0, which includes UI adjustments and bug fixes for Classic Era and Hardcore realms.
Default UI Adjustments
- Enemy castbars can now be enabled in the default UI in the Options menu under Interface.
- Damage over time abilities and other debuffs will now display their remaining duration on the default enemy unit frame.
Developers’ notes: These are oft-requested quality-of-life features that are easily accessible using addons, so we’ve decided to just go ahead and add this functionality to the default UI, especially since this functionality has never been a restricted part of the Interface API.
- The NPC Names Setting in the Options menu under Interface now functions properly.
- Fixed an issue with the “clucking” animation that plays when you use the Skull of Impending Doom that caused the animation to not loop properly.
- Taurens are now properly limbered up and their extra combat reach has been restored. Remember, it’s always important to properly stretch before doing physical exercise.
- Warrior - Fixed an issue that allowed you to incorrectly swap to the stance you are already in.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause incorrect options to appear when right-clicking a member of a shared Battle.net group to send a whisper.
- Fixed various interface errors with the Options menu.
- Fixed an interface error that sometimes occurred when abandoning a quest.
- Fixed an issue that allowed raid and party members without assist or set target markers.
- Fixed an issue where some class and profession trainers were missing gossip options or had incorrect gossip options.
- Fixed an issue that caused Redoubt to not proc when the Paladin is not wearing a shield.
- Developers’ notes: This is authentic behavior which was fixed/changed at some point during Classic, and we’ve decided to restore it for Classic Era, Hardcore, and Season of Discovery.