- Author: Luxrah
- Date: November 3, 2023
- Updated: November 4, 2023
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
The big news from the BlizzCon Opening Ceremony today was the announcement of not one, but three upcoming expansions for World of Warcraft: the Worldsoul Saga. We also got some details about the first expansion in this trilogy, World of Warcraft: The War Within.
The War Within will release Fall of 2024 and marks the 10th expansion for the game, bringing us into version 11.0. This expansion will take us deep within the subterranean worlds of Azeroth and beyond.
Four new zones were announced with the expansion:
- Azj-Kahet, a Nerubian kingdom
- Isle of Dorn, a jungle island
- The Ringing Deeps, a subterranean zone
- Hallowfall, an area with Gilneas-like buildings
The expansion will also add some new features:
- Delves, bite-sized content for 1-5 players with endgame rewards
- Warbands, a new type of community that allows all of your characters to share banks, reputations, and transmogs
- Hero talents, new ways to specialize your character that will include options such as Dark Ranger and Farseer
- Dynamic flight, which seems to allow flexibility between regular mounts and dragonriding
Also coming with the expansion is a new allied race, the Earthen, a race of Titan constructs for both Alliance and Horde.
More information is expected to come with the WoW: What’s Next presentation, which begins very soon! In the meantime, the trailer for the expansion is below.