- Author: Baed
- Date: August 31, 2021
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
Given the increase of anima rewards in 9.1, many players were having to hoard anima items with no way to deposit them while they were stuck at a full reservoir, but now the cap is increasing from 35,000 to 200,000, allowing players to deposit and hold much more anima in their sanctum. It is however, still per covenant, and there isn’t a way to transfer it in between two different ones without buying items and refunding them after the swap.
As of the next regional restart, all Domination Socket armor pieces will be able to activate a set bonus, with even Leg pieces being able to allow the use of one of these Rune Words. There are still only 5 socketable pieces, but you will no longer have to wait for that lucky drop before you can activate your set. Each armor type has its own corresponding rune words for their items, listed in the blue post below.
The August 30th Hotfix also brings with it a couple PvP nerfs to Restoration Druid and Restoration Shaman, increasing the mana regeneration reduction effect from 55% to 60% for Druids and from 50% to 55% for Shamans.
August 30, 2021
- [With regional restarts] Condensed Anima Sphere (Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 50% in PvP combat for all classes.
- Death Knight
- Fixed an issue where Defile (Talent) would activate Kevin’s Oozeling (Necrolord Soulbind).
- [With regional restarts] Mana regeneration reduced by 60% in PvP combat (was 55%).
- Fixed an issue where Bonedust Brew (Necrolord Ability) caused Kevin’s Oozeling (Necrolord Soulbind) to stay too long.
- [With regional restarts] Mana regeneration reduced by 55% in PvP combat (was 50%).
Items and Rewards
- The maximum value the Anima Reservoir can hold has been greatly increased to 200,000 (was 35,000).
- Developers’ note: We’ll be introducing a way for characters who have fully upgraded a Covenant Sanctum to transfer anima, either to their alts or to other covenants on the same character, and so we’re increasing the anima cap in anticipation of this change.
- Shards of Domination
- [With regional restarts] All Domination gear now activate a gem set bonus.
- [With regional restarts] Sanctum of Domination Legs for all armor types now activate a gem set bonus.
- Cloth: Legs – Blood, Bracers – Frost, Belt – Unholy
- Leather: Legs – Frost, Gloves – Unholy, Boots – Blood
- Mail: Legs – Blood, Belt – Unholy, Boots – Frost
- Plate: Legs – Frost, Bracers – Unholy, Gloves – Blood
- Developers’ note: Requiring a specific slot from the raid to take advantage of the set bonus is proving to be too elusive for some players even with some assistance from the Great Vault. If you have previously acquired an item affected by this change but have destroyed it, you can use the Item Restoration service to recreate it after the hotfix goes live with this week’s maintenance. Please note, there is no benefit from having the activation spell twice.
- [With regional restarts] Shard of Kyr effectiveness reduced by 75% in PvP combat (was 50%).
- Players should now correctly see the Mastercraft Gravewing in the Mounts tab of their Collections window.
Korthia and the Maw
- Player abilities that have restricted use indoors such as Heroic Leap and Demonic Gateway are now easier to use in Korthia and the Maw.