- Author: Luxrah
- Date: January 2, 2024
- Updated: January 2, 2024
- Expansion: World of Warcraft
It’s a new week and a new year in Dragonflight! The holiday festivities have come to an end, with the Feast of Winter Veil having concluded this morning. But there’s plenty of new and upcoming content to enjoy in retail World of Warcraft.
This week’s bonus event is a Dragonflight Dungeon Event. The final boss of every Dragonflight dungeon will drop an extra item for the rest of the week, excluding Mythic+ difficulties. You’ll also be able to pick up a weekly quest from Kazra in Valdrakken or through the Adventure Guide. This quest will reward a Cache of Amirdrassil Treasures for completing four Dragonflight dungeons on Mythic difficulty.
This week’s PvP Brawl is Warsong Scramble, a mixed-up version of Warsong Gulch in which you may find multiple flags in each base as well as extra power-ups on the field. The first team to cap 10 flags wins. You can queue for this battle in the PvP tab of the Group Finder.
The Darkmoon Faire will return this Sunday, January 7th, and will be in town through January 13th.
Blizzard is hyping up the Seeds of Renewal content update, which will release in two weeks. The update will include world-wide dragonriding, the new Azerothian Archives feature, a mission to reclaim Gilneas for King Greymane, the new follower dungeons feature, new character customizations for troll & draenei, new warlock demon customizations, and an update to the Love is in the Air holiday event.
Each week, we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. New discoveries await in the Dragon Isles when the Seeds of Renewal content update goes live on January 16.
Mark Your Calendars: The Seeds of Renewal Goes Live January 16!
Discover the buried history of Azeroth and the Dragon Isles through the Azerothian Archives Public Event, explore Bel’ameth—a burgeoning new zone offering hope to the Kaldorei, take Dragonriding to the skies of old-world continents, storm Dragonflight Dungeons alongside AI companions, complete new Campaign chapters in the continuation of the Dragon Isle epilogues, and more!
- Dragonriding Available Worldwide: The skies of Azeroth and beyond can be yours in the saddle of your dragon. In Dragonflight: Seeds of Renewal, Dragonriding will be expanded to all old-world continents wherever flying is available.
- Azerothian Archives: Discover the history of the Dragon Isles and meet a unique cast of characters, hear stories of old, and witness the iconography of a time before. Participate in Solo and Group activities within Traitor’s Rest with a Weekly Public Event, plenty of opportunity to explore, and earn rewards like Battle Pets, Mounts, and a Transmog set.
- Bel’ameth: “The Arms of the Goddess” lies in the heart of the Emerald Dream and serves as a central hub for Seeds of Renewal and a place of burgeoning hope for the Kaldorei.
- Gilneas Reclamation: King Greymane is ready to retake his kingdom, but Gilneas isn’t as empty as expected. Help reclaim what was lost and return the kingdom to Gilnean hands.
- Follower Dungeons: Tank, heal, and DPS alongside follower NPC companions that join you on your Dungeon adventures. They will be available in all eight Normal Dragonflight Dungeons and can scale from 1 to 4 players. These companions will allow players to learn about Dragonflight dungeons at their own pace and provide the freedom to experiment and customize their Party makeup.
- New Character Customizations: Get creative with your characters! Trolls, it’s time to hit the salon and change things up with five new hair colors. Unique customization for Draenei, Warlock Tyrant, and Darkglare demons are on their way, and customization Achievements are coming for completionists.
NEWS AND EVENTS THIS WEEK
- January 2
- January 4
- (Article) Get New Character Customizations in Seeds of Renewal
- January 5
- (Article) Blues News
- January 7
- (Event) The Darkmoon Faire is open for business!
Stay tuned to the official World of Warcraft news site as we journey through the week together.